What Are You Listening To Currently ?

• Thread starter syco
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
This whole record really. All of the songs are good. One of the few possessions I have from my late mom and dad. This is my favorite song on it. Jimmy Page does the guitar playing.

Charles Carter

Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie.
Amazing production values for it's age and the guitar playing is incredibly tasteful.
A wonderful lesson in playing the song.

Pushing70

Reaction score
Yeah, we all got the "video unavailable" box.

Whitefang
Yeah, that sucks. Hey, I saw your boys MC5 Christmas night in 1970 at Curtis Hixon Hall in Tampa. There were 5 bands on the show headlined by The Bob Seger System. MC5 was a good band. High energy for sure!
I remember Seger tried to open up with "River Deep Mountain High" but I think he got about 3 notes into it and his amp blew. Drag! Must have took about 30 mins. to get going again. Also remember Pep Perrine's weird ass drum set up. He had like curved toms on each side of him head high.
The band Steam was also on the show and got booed big time until they did their "na na na na" dumb ass song.
Brownsville Station I think was on the bill but I can't remember who the other group was. Concerts sure were fun back then.
Even if I can't remember the shows clearly I consider myself very lucky to see the bands I did. Between the years 68-75 I was going to a concert damn near every week. Sometimes we'd get 2 or 3 tours come thru in a week. Great music and good times.
I look at things in the country today and it was like being on a different planet back then. As Peter Green said...Oh Well.

Charles Carter

Reaction score
Hey Charles i'm curious. Who was the band and song you tried to upload?
Hey Bro, I posted link to Randy Crawford's "Secret Combination" I assume it came up as "Unavailable" eh?
What a line up ... (not including brass or backing vocals here)

Pushing70

Reaction score
Hey Bro, I posted link to Randy Crawford's "Secret Combination" I assume it came up as "Unavailable" eh?
What a line up ... (not including brass or backing vocals here)
Yeah it did but Wow! that is an incredible amount of talent there. Funny that there are a few Beatle connections in there too. Ford was on Harrison's 74 tour and Laboriel's kid is McCartney's drummer and Lukather is currently on Starr's tour.
Laboriel is seriously underrated. Loved his work on Fagen's "Nightfly" album. Especially "New Frontier". His bass makes that whole song as cool as it is.
I'll see if I can find that video for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts