What did Santa bring you?

• Thread starter Snowbum007
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snowbum007

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everyone. I know some celebrate and others don’t but still take advantage of the sales. I found this under the tree. It’s a Epi Hummingbird Pro 12-string. The headstock is the new one that I thought was reserved for the IBG line. It’s a nice guitar and with a minimal setup, will be a great player. Anyone else have something to share?

IMG_3998.jpeg

3bolt79

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everyone. I know some celebrate and others don’t but still take advantage of the sales. I found this under the tree. It’s a Epi Hummingbird Pro 12-string. The headstock is the new one that I thought was reserved for the IBG line. It’s a nice guitar and with a minimal setup, will be a great player. Anyone else have something to share?

View attachment 23992
That is an IBG I think. Anyway it’s the new one. I have the same guitar, AFAIK. Yours is all solid woods? Mine is.

It’s the only 12 string I’ve ever owned and I really did my homework before choosing it. I was thrilled to find out that I got it right the first time.

Here’s a pic of mine
71833465189__7BBA3DF5-0BCB-4C5A-A705-FA59502CCD32.jpeg

Snowbum007

Reaction score
I thought the same thing and had hoped they made a mistake but after some inspection I don’t think it’s an IBG. I picked it up on sale for $399 so it can’t be the same guitar. The differences I’ve noticed are that the parallelograms are plastic and not mother of pearl (the crown and epiphone are MOP), the bridge pins are different, I think the nut is plastic but the saddle may be bone. The regular pro has laminate back and sides but it looks to me like I have solid sides and a laminate back; the grain seems to match up on the sides if that makes sense. It’s a book-matched spruce solid top and you can see the matching grain lines at the end of each side of the bridge.
Like you this is my first 12-string and while it’s not quite as nice as yours (that is a really nice looking guitar), I’m tickled pink. I need to lower the bridge a little and check the neck but if it’s out, it is not by much. I have Newtone strings on my Masterbilt and ordered a few sets for the new 12 string. I’m excited to see how it sounds with the new strings and am hoping to get them this week. Have fun with your new guitar!!!

spupilup

Reaction score
That’s probably next on my list. Shortly after the New Year I put the DGT SE and McCarty 594 SE on my watch list. PRS caught up a lot quicker on the wait list with the 594 so I bought it in February. I’ll probably get the Gold DGT next month as it appears PRS has finally caught up with demand.

spupilup

Reaction score
I got another '59 in Southern Fade since my ADB has been so much fun. It arrived from the North Pole via FedEx just around 2pm today. Unfortunately, besides this quick shot I really haven't done much to it. I did have to adjust a crazy bridge pickup that was angled in a way you could strum the strings! A couple of minutes and all was fine.

IMG_0440.jpeg

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I’ll probably get the Gold DGT next month as it appears PRS has finally caught up with demand.
It seems so. I got mine via zZounds and they told me in late November they were expecting over 30 to arrive by mid December. Of course if they had over 30 on the back order list like they did when I ordered mine (I was #38) those will all be spoken for by now.

Hopefully not. It's a great guitar.

Guitarman

Reaction score

View attachment 23992
How does it sound/play. Nothing like a 12 and a Hummingbird to boot! I have never owned a acoustic Epiphone. I am an investment kind of guy, so I would levitate to a Texan-hopefully and Elite or Elitist. Always looking for a return on my investment, except I do have some beaters and they catch all kinds of little dings etc.! Restringing is a chore, but the return is well worth it! Think "Momma I'm Coming Home",/The Oz & Zakk, "The Road Goes On" (Luke and TOTO), "Amanda" (Boston), All of Tommy Shaw's 12 string work and of course Tangerine, Page!!!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Looking for good guitars at the best price I have found over these past 19 years of binge buying, MUSIC GO ROUND!!!

I would tend to agree. We have one here in Ft Collins and their pricing is typically quite good. I got my Robt Cray Strat there a few years ago. It still had it's hang tags and was priced about 1/3 less than new.

Darkness

Reaction score
The last LP I am getting should arrive on Friday, a Christmas gift to myself.

I know, I know. The "last" one :fingersx:
If it is as good as I've been lead to believe it may really be the last.

Guitarman

Reaction score
Go
Looking for good guitars at the best price I have found over these past 19 years of binge buying, MUSIC GO ROUND!!!

I would tend to agree. We have one here in Ft Collins and their pricing is typically quite good. I got my Robt Cray Strat there a few years ago. It still had it's hang tags and was priced about 1/3 less than new.
Good for you soulmann969! I just had the store in Natick, MA hold a Epiphone 1960's Tribute in Gray Mist Flame, the last color/finish I do not have. I love to have all colors of a specific run like the phenomenal quality, '57 humbucker's, locking tuners, 8.9-9.2 lbs. of Gibson killing sound. Keep it up Gibson, making great Epiphones and priceing them lower than a monthly Maserati car payment!!!

Oh, I picked up an Alvarez Yairi DY 80/12 with Coral Rosewood B/S for $699. I STOLE that one and of course, MINT, my favorite flavor!!!

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Not so much from Santa but from a lovely young lady that I know
53426324281_b0036bca3d_o.jpg

Latest posts