What did you do to your Epiphone today?

• Thread starter CanuckLP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
There's a pocket pack of MG Chemicals No Clean 63/37 in a diameter I'd recommend for $7. That's a link by the way, I don't highlight in red. I haven't used it myself, but I have used enough of their other products to recommend it on that basis. Good company, but I've been a Kester guy for decades.
That's the product I was asking you about but when I tried to post a link to it for you to see it failed to post. All I could do was refer you to Amazon, a search I did for eutectic solder, and give you the name of the MG Chemicals brand. Then I asked it was the same product because it was available in a more compact size like the Kester solder roll I have.

You've answered my question without having to go into all of the rest of the details. Although others may appreciate that info the fact that you suggested it and I trust your knowledge and your experience was enough. I just wanted it in a size and a format I can easily use and that product would do it so I'll order a pack......thank you.

Raiyn

Reaction score
All I could do was refer you to Amazon, a search I did for eutectic solder, and give you the name of the MG Chemicals brand.
You never mentioned MG Chemicals or any other brand.

Is this an example of 63/37 eutectic solder? Damn, when I try to post the link to Amazon it keeps coming up as media and won't post but it's listed as 63/37 Rosin Core solder.
If you had, I'd have been in a better position to answer you more directly.

I'm always happy to help, but you can't expect me to easily put a jigsaw puzzle together with random missing pieces and no picture.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
You never mentioned MG Chemicals or any other brand.

If you had, I'd have been in a better position to answer you more directly.

I'm always happy to help, but you can't expect me to easily put a jigsaw puzzle together with random missing pieces and no picture.
But that's why we come to you. You're like Karnak the Magnificent.

You can divine the question just from knowing the answer. :D

I honestly thought I'd named the product but I may have been distracted after four attempts to post a link that wouldn't post. I'm old and my mind is slowly leaking away like a leak in a tire. Be kind to the old and infirm. 🦽

Raiyn

Reaction score
But that's why we come to you. You're like Karnak the Magnificent.

You can divine the question just from knowing the answer. :D

I honestly thought I'd named the product but I may have been distracted after four attempts to post a link that wouldn't post. I'm old and my mind is slowly leaking away like a leak in a tire. Be kind to the old and infirm.

🦽
Well, ya didn't, but we got there anyway.
:cheers:

3bolt79

Reaction score
I took the Paradigm strings off of my number one LP, which have been on it for 7 months, and restrung it with GHS Boomers.

I am curious as to how long the GHS will last, as I play that guitar a lot. The GHS strings are cheap, so I will be happy if I get a month out of them.

Raiyn

Reaction score
It may be blasphemy to purist, so to them my apologies. For me it, it was more esthetic as well as allowing more string length for the D and G strings.

I'm the furthest thing from a purist you'll come across here. I say if It works, it works.

To further divert the pitchfork peasants:
I'd probably slap a roller bridge, lockers, and one of those Vibramate kits on it to make it a Bigsby rig.

Telechamp

Reaction score
It's time for a string change on my Epi Masterbilt DR-500MCE. I had tried some EB Earthwood Phosphor Bronze Medium Lights on my Epi Masterbilt DR-400MCE not long ago, and loved those strings on that guitar - so I'm gonna put the same strings on the DR-500 also, later today.

Also polished her up, and applied some F-One to the fretboard.

du2dHpr.jpg

6nOTo8X.jpg

Darkness

Reaction score
If everything goes as planned, this one is getting modified this weekend. I love the guitar, but I'd like it to be a bit more exciting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907-201725_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907-201725_Gallery.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts