What did you do to your Epiphone today?

• Thread starter CanuckLP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DHart

Reaction score
Such a shame that you can't photograph a small group at a time .
A shame? On who?

It's ok. I post quite a lot of photos, on an ongoing basis. Here, on Gearpage, MyLes Paul, TDPRI, and StratTalk.

Most of my guitars are not Epiphones, so I would imagine that they are not especially essential to be seen here.

DHart

Reaction score
Today, I removed covers from Epiphone Probuckers in this ES-Les Paul.

Wow... these really are great sounding pickups, especially with the covers removed! Fantastic instrument.

The ES-Les Paul is 6.9 lbs. of sonic pleasure! It has it's own tone and personality - quite sparkly and bright. I guess they just didn't sell enough to keep making them. That's unfortunate, as most guitarists will not get the chance to even see one in person, much less play/have one. They're a really cool version of the revered Les Paul guitar, and being so light weight... very enjoyable to play and handle. It's kind of like a reduced-size, single-cut ES-339.

53239910363_6ae95efaa1_o.jpg

Last edited:

DHart

Reaction score
That red Tele is hiding like "nothing to see here, just a gang of Epiphones"
That red Tele is a Fender Blacktop Tele in which I have a pair of Gibson Classic '57s. Neck pickup has an A5 magnet replacing the A2 for some added sparkle. Volume pot is 870k with a 250k No-Load tone pot. The guitar approaches single-coil clarity, sparkle, and detail. But hum-free. Really a wonderful Tele. (I do have quite a few Teles.)

Raiyn

Reaction score
I stumbled upon an imho pretty useful tool : it is a table that states the exact size of M3 M4, M5, etc thread diameter in the metric system, so I'm going to post it below (thanks to accu.co.uk):

https://www.accu.co.uk/p/117-iso-metric-thread-dimensions
Thanks. I think thousandths (feeler gauges) and sixty-fourths are my two major holdouts in guitar work.

Most of my tools are metric and on a whole, I prefer the metric system in that sphere.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
Well constantly converting from metric to imperial and vice versa must be a total pain you-know-where. 😅 :rofl:

Raiyn

Reaction score
Well constantly converting from metric to imperial and vice versa must be a total pain you-know-where. 😅 :rofl:
We've had a joint system my entire life. Somethings are Imperial, some are metric. I really don't convert anything, I just work in one or the other.

Latest posts