What did you do to your Epiphone today?

• Thread starter CanuckLP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
My semi / hollow body aversion is starting to bite me perhaps... Are you saying that the CC has the small post "Nashville" style bridge instead of a metric?

If that's the case, let me wipe the egg off my face and direct you towards https://tonepros.com/product-category/bridges/

For the record, you can find TonePros products out there cheaper than what they have them listed for.

I bought a TP6R (which I'd recommend for a non metric) for a project for less than $50 and the TP site has them listed at $87.00 to $92.75

I've just found a second-hand TP6R in nickel!
From the drawing with its dimension, it wasn't very clear whether it would fit or not, because of half-converted measurements (even Tonepros' s website isn't super clear on that matter, imho).
Fingers crossed so it fits, and otherwise... live and learn! 😉

As to Gotoh bridges, well I've realized that they have two lines that are almost the same, except one has slightly more room for saddles' forward / backward movement. Otherwise the inserts / posts and all the other measurements are the same (4 mm dialters studs / posts), but they bear two totally different reference numbers.

I get the feeling that 0167-N is the one with the traditional depth for saddle adjustment and G103-B is the one with a little more room. Still researching, though.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I've just found a second-hand TP6R in nickel!
From the drawing with its dimension, it wasn't very clear whether it would fit or not, because of half-converted measurements (even Tonepros' s website isn't super clear on that matter, imho).
Fingers crossed so it fits, and otherwise... live and learn! 😉
Standard.

I love roller bridges. TonePros with the locking feature are my favorites.

DHart

Reaction score
I've really enjoyed using the Grover Ultra Rotomatic Imperial tuners on my D'Angelico Excel EX-SS. So much so that I bought a couple of sets of just the buttons (not the tuners) and installed them on the locking Grover Rotomatic tuners that came on my Les Paul Moderns. The wider buttons enable just a little extra smooth-leverage when fine tuning.

53251580538_fc838b8d13_k.jpg

53251646094_40192e7b3d_k.jpg

Darkness

Reaction score
Pondering why Epiphone went from a dark red mahogany to light red mahogany for the backs of guitars .
I like both, but have never been a fan of the veneer on the back. A few of my guitars have it and once you focus on it it makes you wonder why. At least I don't see it while playing.

syco

Reaction score
I like both, but have never been a fan of the veneer on the back. A few of my guitars have it and once you focus on it it makes you wonder why. At least I don't see it while playing.
Doesn't bother me either way , but that red back on the '59's ...... would have looked much better with the brown like the gold top 50's Standard ...... IMHO !

Darkness

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me either way , but that red back on the '59's ...... would have looked much better with the brown like the gold top 50's Standard ...... IMHO !
100% agree. I suppose they wanted a shared theme to separate these from the standards, but a natural looking brown on the back/neck always looks good to me.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Pondering why Epiphone went from a dark red mahogany to light red mahogany for the backs of guitars . View attachment 22954View attachment 22955
I think it's a 50s spec thing. Like the original 1959s I believe did have "red" backs, just that over time the dye faded and turned into a darker brownish hue. I think what the 59s were trying to recreate was "what if you found this tucked at the back of a store brand new in the 60s" vibe.

Darkness

Reaction score
I think tonight after my chores are done, I may swap strings on my Special and sand the nut down a bit. Its a little high and I didn't bother gluing it in when I replaced it, in case it needed adjustment. I think this is easier than messing around with cutting the grooves deeper, it just needs a little shave.

I have a set of 9s I'd like to use on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231026-100527_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231026-100527_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 3

Stillsour

Reaction score
Cleaned it up, new strings, and a setup in C standard for my Prophecy V. I love this guitar

Latest posts