Your 'Weapons of Choice' for today....[pics preferred]

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Today I've celebrated 'Masterfield-Monday'

JIsFe6b.jpg

Old Woody

Reaction score
Last edited:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
You can't just post a picture of that beautiful tele and not say what it is. Just playing it cool huh?
It's a home brew custom model I've assembled and reassembled over time Mike. It started life as an FSR Squier CVC with a neck humbucker and Tele bridge pickup that was only available from non-US dealers. I got it from a buddy who bought it through Long and McQuade/Canada.
All that's left of that now is that double bound gold bronze alder body

The first change was to replace the neck humbucker with a Kent Armstrong Rag Top P90. After that I spent several years trying different bridge pickups to match it and work well with it when combined. I went through about a half dozen as I recall. In the meantime I replaced the neck with one with a rosewood board from a 2006 60th Anniversary Nashville Tele. I love the neck profile on that years models. It's a unique soft "V" to a "C" and one I've not found on other Teles I've played.

Lastly I replaced the stock bridge with a Babicz FCH Bridge, added a new control plate, jack, and upgraded electronics before installing the Bill & Becky Lawrence/Wilde Alnico Micro-Coils that are in it now. I also added the red tort pickguard which is similar to the one it originally came with. It's pretty unique in that Fender has never offered a model quite like this one. I've had several offers to sell it but it's the one Tele I've kept and probably always will because it's perfect now the way it is.

Long story eh? That's why I didn't bother to tell it before. Some would probably call it a "partcaster" which is a term I refuse to use. To me it's more like built to order model only I'm the guy who conceived of it and built it.....LOL. So while it's definitely a custom built guitar it's also not a Fender Custom Shop guitar and will never be considered one. It's just a Tele I imagined in my head and set about creating is all and I like it.

Mike Hickey

Reaction score
It's a home brew custom model I've assembled and reassembled over time Mike. It started life as an FSR Squier CVC with a neck humbucker and Tele bridge pickup that was only available from non-US dealers. I got it from a buddy who bought it through Long and McQuade/Canada.
All that's left of that now is that double bound gold bronze alder body

The first change was to replace the neck humbucker with a Kent Armstrong Rag Top P90. After that I spent several years trying different bridge pickups to match it and work well with it when combined. I went through about a half dozen as I recall. In the meantime I replaced the neck with one with a rosewood board from a 2006 60th Anniversary Nashville Tele. I love the neck profile on that years models. It's a unique soft "V" to a "C" and one I've not found on other Teles I've played.

Lastly I replaced the stock bridge with a Babicz FCH Bridge, added a new control plate, jack, and upgraded electronics before installing the Bill & Becky Lawrence/Wilde Alnico Micro-Coils that are in it now. I also added the red tort pickguard which is similar to the one it originally came with. It's pretty unique in that Fender has never offered a model quite like this one. I've had several offers to sell it but it's the one Tele I've kept and probably always will because it's perfect now the way it is.

Long story eh? That's why I didn't bother to tell it before. Some would probably call it a "partcaster" which is a term I refuse to use. To me it's more like built to order model only I'm the guy who conceived of it and built it.....LOL. So while it's definitely a custom built guitar it's also not a Fender Custom Shop guitar and will never be considered one. It's just a Tele I imagined in my head and set about creating is all and I like it.
Well she's uniquely beautiful and sounds like a it'll sing too. Thanks for sharing. I'm starting a build of my own as soon as the weather turns. It's the only way I can get it exactly the way I want it. I'll show it here when she's done

Keefoman

Reaction score
As I've had to stack 4 of my guitars in the boot of my car, due to leaving home this weekend, and playing a gig Saturday, it has been this one:

53990779099_cd7b7987fe_k.jpg

Guess you have seen it before, but it has got a new set of pickups lately. A set of Toneriders AC4s. They sound much better than the original PRS 85/15s which were very bright and harsh.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Well she's uniquely beautiful and sounds like a it'll sing too. Thanks for sharing. I'm starting a build of my own as soon as the weather turns. It's the only way I can get it exactly the way I want it. I'll show it here when she's done
Thanks Mike. I've done a couple more like it over the past decade or so but sold them. This one I decided to keep because it is so unique. The Micro-Coil pickups are incredible. The final gift to us Tele guys from Bill Lawrence before he passed away.

I think you'll really enjoy putting one together that's exactly what you want it to be. It becomes a labor of love you can look on with pride and say "I did that. It was all my idea and all my work" Look forward to seeing it when you finish.

Latest posts