Another new Slash model

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AllanAnd

Reaction score
Is it a actual signature? I highly doubt it.

It is... At least it seems so in the video they posted... Epi dudes roll in guitar racks and hand one at a time to Slash - who signs them... Not that it matters much - more like a fun detail!

Jeffytune

Reaction score
It is... At least it seems so in the video they posted... Epi dudes roll in guitar racks and hand one at a time to Slash - who signs them... Not that it matters much - more like a fun detail!

You know, if it were me, I would download that and put it on a thumb drive to keep with the guitar for future authenticity.
Just like I would ask Epiphone customer service to send a letter confirming it is one of the 100.
25 years from now, it will be far harder to get this type of stuff, and will protect the added value against it being called a fake.

John

Reaction score
I honestly feel that if that's the case, "signing one at a time" out of a rack, then it takes the originality out of it. I would much rather have Slash sign a guitar I stood in line with for hours for his signature. To me it would be more valuable. I'll still pass on it......

Biddlin

Reaction score
And that thing is gorgeus! Might as well go all in and get the Premium one...
Any guitar is worth what you will pay. I always wonder about the folks who lament the one that got away because they didn't want to spend the money. When you see what you want, buy it or someone else will.

Supersonic

Reaction score
Hmmmm, it doesn't say anything about having a carved maple cap or a long neck tennon like the Tribute Plus does and it cost $100 more with no case. Kinda like the Plus Top Pro with ebony fretboard.

At $899 I think they should have included that stuff, but that's just me.

It is a looker though, no doubt about that.

The price is high for the signed version yes, but he only signed 100 of them so that's kinda cool.

Like Biddlin said, it's only worth what you will pay.

Last edited:

Supersonic

Reaction score
Hmmmm, it doesn't say anything about having a carved maple cap or a long neck tennon

Disregard. It looks like it does have those features after reading Epi's site. I was going by what Sweetwater described and they didn't mention it. Sorry. :facepalm:

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Any guitar is worth what you will pay. I always wonder about the folks who lament the one that got away because they didn't want to spend the money. When you see what you want, buy it or someone else will.

I kept hesitating and hesitating to pull the trigger on the 2017 Gibson SG Standard in Cherry Burst for $1,169. It wasn't necessarily the money. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why I never ordered one. They're gone now. I emailed GC and they said they won't be getting any more.

Snooze, you lose. :frown:

CheshireFrog

Reaction score
If you miss out on this you can always become a subscriber to the Epiphone "Slash Signature Model of the Month Club".

AllanAnd

Reaction score
You know, if it were me, I would download that and put it on a thumb drive to keep with the guitar for future authenticity.
Just like I would ask Epiphone customer service to send a letter confirming it is one of the 100.

Doesn't matter to me, but thanks ;-)

I don't make any presumption about this thing increasing it's value - ever...

Jeffytune

Reaction score
As you wish.....

emoticon_t_shirt_by_mozreal.jpg

AllanAnd

Reaction score
Well.. Just received a call from Gear4Music.. They are unable to fulfill my order as they have not received the correct number of sig's.

They offered to give me a good price on a Gibson instead but I told them to go **** themselves!

I honestly thought that Gear4Music was a serious contender despite it's lousy Google translations. Now I'm not so sure...

#disappointed

Raiyn

Reaction score

kustombob

Reaction score
My first post here' I saw this site on the Marshall forums I visit' since I am a big Marshall nut. I own a few EPI over the years and they are a great value. I mostly play super strats like Jacksons and Charvel and Fender but I have been looking for a LP guitar for a few months now and after playing many Gibsons and the Cheaper EPI LP'S and the Epi;s really impress me. So I saw this new Slash Epi and called Sweet Water and pre ordered the $899 one. I love green and I love Slashes Tone so we will see. Their goibg quick. SW already sold all the signature ones. And these were going quick. But I am on the list thanks to my SW rep Ty. They said mid Feb for shipping. Cant wait will post when here.

Latest posts