First time Epi owner, killer AAA monster top incoming!

• Thread starter nicolasrivera
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the back of any Epi Classic T, looks a lot like the OP's here.

14061510291-serial-large.jpg

the Classic T did never come in the vintage sunburst color
and has black binding on the body

IRG

Reaction score
the Classic T did never come in the vintage sunburst color
and has black binding on the body

Yeah I know that, but the volute part looks spot on, no? Plus the electronic tuner too. Almost like the neck was taken and put on a PTP. Or a hybrid of sorts. Odd for sure. I still don't feel like it's a counterfeit, just looks like an abnormal Epi model.

DaveM

Reaction score
I'm just guessing but it looks like the pictures are of two different Epi's. The Standard Pro looks to have a black back, the one with the MinE-Tune and volute has a reddish back. The MinE-Tune pic is probably from the original Classic-T Black Cherry it came on and the other pics are of the Standard Pro the OP has purchased.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score

Good eye Dave

could be the minE tune wasn't mounted when the lower pic was taken...
at least it shows regular Groover tuners....

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Very helpful guys thank you very much. So Dave is making a lot of sence here. So if its a different neck on the guitar who ever did it did a great job.

Now this question...would you guys return it based on whats at hand? i have the oportunity to do so before it gets shipped here, it is still in transit to Miami. I have contacted the seller and told him all of whats been discovered, ofcourse he is as surpriced as i am, still he tells me that the guitars plays and sounds great, he is the seller, but he told me that if i dont feel confortable with this he can ask UPS to take it back and refound my money!

But i really want that guitar! hahahahaha.... what to do?

Thanks.

DaveM

Reaction score
No reason to return it. The only thing I see that is not original on the Standard Pro is the MinE-Tune. He didn't change the whole neck, just took off the original Grovers and put the MinE-Tune on it. The picture of the MinE-tune is a completely different guitar.

fishered

Reaction score
I agree standard pro guitar, back of the neck picture classic T. Great looking top on that one if the price was right enjoy it,

RTH

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that is the case here. If you look at the pic of the back of the headstock with the min-e tune, you can see that it is sitting on a glass case in a store. The other pics are from inside the dude's house. Keep it.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys, you are a great bunch, i will keep it.
Will get you updated when it gets here

CN24

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2014 Traditional Pro, and the inspection sticker was between the tuners. I don't know if they all come like that but if the mini tune was added on after the sticker would have to be moved. I could be wrong.

IGRocker

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2014 Traditional Pro, and the inspection sticker was between the tuners. I don't know if they all come like that but if the mini tune was added on after the sticker would have to be moved. I could be wrong.
Mine was in roughly the same spot as the guitar above with the volute, FWIW

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Hey!, the guitar came in just today and all i have to say is WOW, kudos to Epiphones, this LP feels as good as the american standars if not better, the sound of the pickups and coil split is great and if i ever said something bad abput the eTune system i take it back, it works flawlessly and its amazingly fast, less then 10 seconds got it in tune from loose string from shipping, WOW.

Neck is perfect, fat but not as fat as the American traditional that tends to be a bit unconfortable, fret worl is flawless and the set up is low and just perfect.

I'm really impressed with this guitar, exeeded my expectations by far. I was going to sell it but i think its a keeper.

It does not have a volute and the photo with the volute is from another guitar, i was sent the original back photo with the groovers. Here are some photo i took just now....

More photos later.

Latest posts