How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
30°C and more for the last few days :D
Italian summer has finally reached the northern part of the Adriatic Sea
:cheers:

and the good thing is - it is supposed to be the same in Germany when we're at home again on Friday

:applause::applause:

It's gonna be 20 c here on Sunday and that isn't bad for Winter!! Enjoy your remaining time there Peter.

Digger

Reaction score
14c max forecast and it was a cold clear night, in fact we have "crunchy grass" again, our second frost for the season.

Digger

Reaction score
And again today (Friday), not sure about frost as I haven't been out yet but apparently we are expecting a few showers.

Alty

Reaction score
Nice today, about 20ish, some cloud about but the Sun dodged most of it....it won't last....

IGRocker

Reaction score
I honestly don't even know what it was like today... I worked 11am-9:30pm. Nothing beats filling in for the boss :facepalm: at least I only have a 2 minute drive uptown or a 15 sprint the long way out of town to my favorite backroad and then home :D

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
34°C today.....

drenched.jpg

H5D9OBJ.jpg

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
18 c here today to cap off a weeks of colder temperatures, and a few frosts. All sunny days though and predicted showers did not materialise.

Now 18 isn't bad for a winter's day IMO.

Are you back home Peter? Have a good holiday mate?

Digger

Reaction score
19c (66 f ) and fine here today. A beautiful day for Winter!

Our crappy weather is usually over July & August so that's when we get down to daytime temps of 8c.

It's a long weekend here this weekend so the place is full of tourists and I'm not moving from the property until they go home.

Peter that resort in Italy is so close to the sea don't people swim in the ocean rather than the pools? If not, why not?

You would have driven there wouldn't you? How far from home was it?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Peter that resort in Italy is so close to the sea don't people swim in the ocean rather than the pools? If not, why not?

You would have driven there wouldn't you? How far from home was it?

I drove down the 800 km in 8 hours, just a few minutes break for smoking

the sea is a 15 minute walk or a few minutes with a shuttle-bus,
the Mrs. and the kids go there every year to buy some bath-towels from some traveling salesmen, it's kind of 'turkish bazar' deals :naughty:
I've been at the beach when we were there the first time in 2012,
lot's of jellyfish, algaes and other things you don't want to swim in....

So the pool is just fine for drinking beer :cheers:

Digger

Reaction score
800 kilometres in 8 hours is a good average Pete.

You don't make the conditions in the sea sound very enticing but I suppose we have places that are similar at times. The sea is part of most Aussies makeup and a pool would be second choice for us, though in northern climes in Summer, stingers see people needing to swim in pools there. It's very much a beach culture here and I am fortunate to spend a lot of time in absolutely pristine and beautiful locations.

Then we do have a rather long coastline~

Then there is the beer...Grin~

IGRocker

Reaction score
It looks like the first day of the Hot Rod Power Tour will have some rain, so not too good for the 6000+ (yes, that many!) cars considering most are set up with racing slicks.

Oh Pete, me and my dad averaged 100 today too.... But that was in MPH and we weren't even keeping up with our group of cars :wow: Also we only drove 70 or so miles (110km or so I think). I'm signing off now, you guys probably won't hear from me until Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't think I want to push my Firebird's tired old engine the whole week.... But just maybe...:cool:
image_zps6bibeq2z.jpg

It's time to rock and roll :dude:

Digger

Reaction score
Another 19c day today. The first week of Winter has been great!

We are anticipating a dryer and warmer time ahead of us this year with the ocean temperatures to the north of us indicating an el nino. That means drought sand bush fires later on this year. I suspect that it also means that you guys in the northern hemisphere will get our rains as that seems to me to be the pattern having watching it for a few years.

Alty

Reaction score
It was reported we were having a wet weekend but it's been great....even warmer today than Friday....our weather reports are useless....but enjoyed them getting it wrong.

:)

IGRocker

Reaction score
Thankfully there's wifi at the hotel. The Power Tour has been great so far! The weather was nice until about 4pm or so, and then we hit a band of some nasty storms. It's still raining now. I just hope it's over by the time I get up tomorrow... :)

Oh, tomorrow might unfortunately be my last day of the Tour. My transmission has been crunching into gear at anything except a super easy take off. Kinda takes the fun out of it all! I'd rather not blow it up though :rofl:

Digger

Reaction score
Thankfully there's wifi at the hotel. The Power Tour has been great so far! The weather was nice until about 4pm or so, and then we hit a band of some nasty storms. It's still raining now. I just hope it's over by the time I get up tomorrow... :)

Oh, tomorrow might unfortunately be my last day of the Tour. My transmission has been crunching into gear at anything except a super easy take off. Kinda takes the fun out of it all! I'd rather not blow it up though :rofl:
Fingers crossed that it holds together for you.

Latest posts