How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Sunny day here, up to 10°C

though expecting a cold night, close to the freezing point

IGRocker

Reaction score
18c and bloody dismal! (66f)

Drove through a violent thunderstorm last night to collect Mrs D's paintings from an art show! Boy that was a hairy drive!

I needed a large scotch when I got home. (medicinal purpose only of course)

Raining all night and still going here @ 6.50 am.

I was intending to do outside stuff today too.
Eek! What I would give for 66 degrees right now! Actually, it's about 63 right now and sunny. Much better than rainy and 45 yesterday! Should be 70s for the highs and 50s for the lows for at least a few days coming up

Digger

Reaction score
Yes we seem to hold a fascination for things to do with weather and this thread has been well patronised wherever I have used it..thanks to you all of course.

I personally find it interesting to follow your seasons/events through the year.

Today we continue the low pressure pattern and it looks like it will go to the end of the week. I see an intense low moving east from South Australia and I guess that will be here about Thursday. We were thinking of having a couple of days up the south coast in a luxury waterside apartment this week but the forecast has put that on hold for now.

So today is just 19c (66 f), cool and drizzly so working outside may be a problem?? I actually had to put a vest and tracksuit pants on last night as it was almost cold! Thought about the fire but that is ridiculous for November and we shouldn't need heating until April or may again.

Alty

Reaction score
Fog, all day, lifted a bit now, 9.30pm (GMT), but a damp chill in the air....

Digger

Reaction score
Fog, all day, lifted a bit now, 9.30pm (GMT), but a damp chill in the air....
WE don't get many fogs where I am, usually early morning and then burns away when the sun gets up. Our property straddles a valley and sometimes there is mist over the dam, looks pretty especially as the sun is coming up behind it.

Digger

Reaction score
23c and still cool here. There is another front coming through overnight so I guess it might be wet tomorrow, so best get stuck into the outside work today while I can!

Got a lot of cleaning up done yesterday, cutting out unwanted wattles and manuka, stuff that always comes up in the middle of garden beds where you don't want them. Also sprayed weeds and blackberries. The latter being spread by foxes and birds. I buy Roundup in 20 litre drums!

P.S. A comment about the realities of working outside in this country is that when you are working in long grass or foliage, you always wear gumboots (Wellies) so Mr Joe Blake can't nip you on the ankle!!

IGRocker

Reaction score
65f today and threatening rain all day, though none has come down yet

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
31 c or 92 f and as it's gonna be wet later in the week it looks like mowing lawns for me today~

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
We had another 'summer' day with 16-20°C

Some years ago we had 15cm of snow at the same date

Digger

Reaction score
20c today (70f) and heading for a period of unsettled weather which is typical of spring here.

BBQ dinners each night now and eating outside is one of the best things as many of you know. Sleeping with just a sheet now and yesterday was unusually humid, as was last night in bed. Soon the ceiling fan will be going over us as we sleep.

That reminds me to clean the A/C filters!

Latest posts