How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
26c (82f) here today and thunderstorms again.

This El Nino' weather pattern is bringing dangerous conditions to the SE of Australia this year! Thunderstorms of an afternoon, often without rain.

This weather is 6 weeks early and there were lightning strikes all around us here last night. Now all we need is the strong winds that come with Spring and it will be on! There are some 200 fires burning around the state already.

Gonna try and get out early and do some more slashing this morning. A week ago I couldn't get the tractor onto the paddocks as it was too wet!

Hate these seasons that come with the El Nino! We will be on tenterhooks now for 6 months.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
26c (82f) here today and thunderstorms again.

This El Nino' weather pattern is bringing dangerous conditions to the SE of Australia this year! Thunderstorms of an afternoon, often without rain.

This weather is 6 weeks early and there were lightning strikes all around us here last night. Now all we need is the strong winds that come with Spring and it will be on! There are some 200 fires burning around the state already.

Gonna try and get out early and do some more slashing this morning. A week ago I couldn't get the tractor onto the paddocks as it was too wet!

Hate these seasons that come with the El Nino! We will be on tenterhooks now for 6 months.
Stay safe, & keep your head down.
It looks like everything is changing 6 weeks earlier this year, we've already had temps in the 40s overnight, which is usually reserved for November.
Today was pleasant, in the high 60s with a fair amount of sun.

Digger

Reaction score
Stay safe, & keep your head down.
It looks like everything is changing 6 weeks earlier this year, we've already had temps in the 40s overnight, which is usually reserved for November.
Today was pleasant, in the high 60s with a fair amount of sun.

Interesting that it's early there too. Our fire season looks like being 6 months long this year which will be quite a lot of strain, especially as we have mum and her partner living on the property, which makes us responsible for their safety too. They are in their 90's and getting pretty doddery. I need to get them organised early this year and with a couple of suitcases they can throw in a car and get moving at short notice.

Normally we'd be doing this in December!!

Anyway I've made good progress with getting the grass down today in the direction the fires usually come, and will work on it every day for the balance of the week to finish the whole property. Looks nice when it slashed and green.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Interesting that it's early there too. Our fire season looks like being 6 months long this year which will be quite a lot of strain, especially as we have mum and her partner living on the property, which makes us responsible for their safety too. They are in their 90's and getting pretty doddery. I need to get them organised early this year and with a couple of suitcases they can throw in a car and get moving at short notice.

Normally we'd be doing this in December!!

Anyway I've made good progress with getting the grass down today in the direction the fires usually come, and will work on it every day for the balance of the week to finish the whole property. Looks nice when it slashed and green.
Hope you get it cut back, & things stay safe for you & yours for the season.
You're looking at the fire season, & I'm looking at the snow season, funny world we live in.
Here's to hoping we both make it thru unscathed.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Woke to 68 degrees ---took the Triumph for a long ride.....just tooling around back roads and learning the lay of the land her in the SWAMP
About 80 right now but dry and a nice breeze out of the North ,,,,,,,

perfect relaxing Sunday here......recorded the Moto GP races and will watch those after the sun sets. now....back to the OUTDOORS!

IGRocker

Reaction score
Mid 70s and not a cloud in the sky! I would complain it's a touch humid but there's a slight breeze to counteract it. Too bad I have a sinus infection :facepalm:

Digger

Reaction score
It's actually been wet overnight so not much point in trying to slash wet grass today so having just taken my boat in for service I might go clean up the shed.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Started the morning in the low 60s, topped out in the low 70s, but comfortable, with a light breeze...No complaints

Digger

Reaction score
We had a visit from winter here yesterday with a cold and wet day all day...thoroughly miserable!

I lit the wood fire mid morning and kicked back a bit. Well apart from having the side off a tooth break off while eating my brekky toast and Vegemite that is. Rang my dentist and got a 3pm appt. which amazed me somewhat. That was an hour I could have enjoyed more doing something else I can tell you~

So 20c today (70f) and even though it's just light I can see a clear sky, so perhaps I can get some work done today.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Today morning we had the first frost of the coming winter....

-1°C

eis-kratzen-auto-winter-vereist-scheiben.jpg

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Today morning we had the first frost of the coming winter....

-1°C

eis-kratzen-auto-winter-vereist-scheiben.jpg
:ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:That's the LAST thing I wanted to see:io:
Another mid 70s day here with more wind, but the Goldenrods were in full bloom a couple weeks ago, so we got till about the end of the month before the first frost:rolleyes:

Digger

Reaction score
Cooler @31c (92f). Didn't do any slashing yesterday as by the time I got jobs concerning animals out of the way, it was too hot!

Tomorrow is meant to be 19c so I might wait until them as I'm a bit long in the tooth to push through really warm days now. I had good intentions~

Digger

Reaction score
24c here today (68f), a nice temperature to get some outside work done!

We had no power yesterday from 8am to after 5pm as the supply company was replacing poles. As it was overcast and cool, I lit a small fire in the fire pit and we cooked outside finally doing a roast in the wood oven for tea.

Bit of a lazy Sunday really~

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
24 this morning, with frost on the cars.
Wound up in the mid 50s, so, not too bad...
Back in the high 60s, low 70s in the coming week, but it won't last:rolleyes:

Latest posts