How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGRocker

Reaction score
It's 9:57 pm here, it's 1f/-17c and according to the phone it feels like -11f/-24c. I believe it!

IGRocker

Reaction score
All exterior door handles were frosted over this morning, sheesh! But hey, we hit 0f, so that's worth something right? Maybe if you ignore the -18f wind chill :hmm:

Digger

Reaction score
31C or 92F here today another warmie!

Lower temps, cloud and showers for the rest of the week which suits me fine!

Digger

Reaction score
Yeah that's the other consideration for some of you, leaving motors running so they don't freeze. I always wonder about the mechanics of that, refuelling, carbon monoxide build up, fuel consumption?

So today it's a more comfortable 25C or 80F and some slight shower activity. Too hot to work yesterday so we went down the coast and had fish & chips by the beach with a nice breeze. Left Bella on a leather couch in front of the A/C as she had that look that said "If you try to put me in a hot car I'm gonna bite you".

Still too many tourists (terrorists) on the beach so we drove around looking at houses for sale as when mum goes we are going to sell the farm and live nearer a boat ramp and cool breezes. As always houses we are attracted to are a couple of hundred grand more that we are likely to have! Sigh.

IGRocker

Reaction score
My truck sits outside, so it gets the brunt of the cold. If I don't start it and drive it around a little bit, it doesn't want to start in the morning when it's this cold. Hasn't let me down yet though!

Warming up a little, supposed to hit 21f today.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
17f now, with a high of 25f, guess I shouldn't complain...
2 inches of snow will be down by noon, then it's time to shovel:facepalm:. It's a dry snow so it shouldn't be too bad.

Digger

Reaction score
28C or 86F here today. Overcast and rain showers predicted.

Some rain in the dry centre of our country this week which means it will soon come to life!

old mark

Reaction score
Prepared for the big Nor' Easter snow storm that will start late tonight...Got my groceries, have to bring in another bag of dog food and gas up the old Hyundai Santa Fe...and cover up the old Buick. Gonna sleep through most of it...and maybe drink a little brandy...

Wind gusting 40 - 70 MPH, maybe 12" - 18" of snow by Saturday night...Hey, it happens.

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/PA/Laureldale.html

I live in a small town just outside a small mountain city in Pennsylvania, in between NYC to the north and Philadelphia to the south...it is on the outskirts of the one big city on the US East coast that goes from about Richmond Virginia to above Boston, Massachusetts...Lots of millions of people gonna get snowed in tomorrow.

Looking like 30 " for DC...

Last edited:

jtcnj

Reaction score
Prepping for Mother Nature to start bitch slappin' the northeast.
Fresh 40lb bag of dog food here too!
Gas up cars, Genny cans, gather up emergency hunker down items.
Food, water - check!!

Beer and Bacardi run this afternoon and any last minute check list items - bathroom tissue!!
Gotta put some of the summer time stuff away off my deck; should have been done already....

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
we had frosty -11°C this morning, now down to -5°
during the night it will get warmer - and we'll get rain - will be funny tomorrow on the icy roads :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Imerkat

Reaction score
apparently We're in a state of emergency. 22° and 2 ft of snow coming turns DC into the savage lands

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
apparently We're in a state of emergency. 22° and 2 ft of snow coming turns DC into the savage lands
A smaller portion of that will be hitting us about 3 o'clock, 5-6 inches.
Hope you got yourself stocked up, stay safe.

Latest posts