How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

andyb0378

Reaction score
We are supposed to be heading above 30 Celsius this week. Not sure that this is possible in England.

Digger

Reaction score
Did anyone see the planetary conjunction last night.

I saw it when I took Bella out before tying her up and it was spectacular. Plus there was a full moon, well near enough for both Bell and I to break out howling (I'm not sure she quite gets howling yet, but I'm working on it)

Grin~

IGRocker

Reaction score
Did anyone see the planetary conjunction last night.

I saw it when I took Bella out before tying her up and it was spectacular. Plus there was a full moon, well near enough for both Bell and I to break out howling (I'm not sure she quite gets howling yet, but I'm working on it)

Grin~
No I didn't, it was too cloudy :dunno:

Digger

Reaction score
Yep sounds like Summer has come to Germany Pete, you can work on your tan a bit!!!

Fogs in England can be really thick! I remember an incredible one in London once.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
258422512-hitze-sommer-12u90EBQ9mef.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
Bloody miserable, cold and wet day yesterday and another 12 max here today apparently. I wasn't able too do much outside and it was a boring day!
I need to pull some chainsaws apart today to replace worn parts and it will be freezing up in the shed.

I can remember a day a few years ago where we had 46c here in February. It was an awful day with incredible winds and bushfires raging to the west of us. Lots of people died in fires that day. I think that's about 122 f?

IGRocker

Reaction score
Bloody miserable, cold and wet day yesterday and another 12 max here today apparently. I wasn't able too do much outside and it was a boring day!
I need to pull some chainsaws apart today to replace worn parts and it will be freezing up in the shed.

I can remember a day a few years ago where we had 46c here in February. It was an awful day with incredible winds and bushfires raging to the west of us. Lots of people died in fires that day. I think that's about 122 f?
Yeah, 46 is about 122!! Youch! :ohno:

Digger

Reaction score
I had to keep going up and spraying the chooks and wetting down their yard or they all would have died that day. Keeping their water fresh and cool was a big part of it as if the water is warm they can't cool themselves down.

No such fears today however~

andyb0378

Reaction score
Ok, so it hit 32c (yes, that is +32), that is hot for North East england. During the night we had the worst thunder and lightening I have ever seen. And also some hail stones the size of golf balls!!! May be normal for some places.

Digger

Reaction score
32c? Crikey all you Poms will be dropping of your perch if it gets any hotter!

Is it humid too? I spent a year there a long time ago but didn't see any hot weather and don't know if you get the humidity with it?

Humidity is the worst!

andyb0378

Reaction score
Yes it was a bit sticky. Down south seemed to have it worse, 39 in some parts. I was almost ready to drop off my perch.

Alty

Reaction score
Same here Andy in the North West....it struck a house across the street, never seen anything like it....it was above our house and could see it over the city center about 10 miles away (We live on a hill)....the thunder had a really low growl to it and strangely not much rain here but the droplets were massive....all because of plastic bags apparently....:)

[In the UK the powers that be have an obsession that plastic bags are ruining the environment, so instead of stopping selling them if it was that bad they use it as an excuse let stores charge more for them....no mention of people using all the resources though.....]

Latest posts