Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CheshireFrog

Reaction score
Tomato soup, that's funny. Really is tomato soup color though ! Cool unusual color there.
You seem to favor red guitars.

I hate that Tomato Soup color, but I love that guitar. Every time I think about thinning the herd I think about selling the Dot, but I can't make myself do it.

The LP bass is the only one that was intentionally red, it was only available in trans black and red, and I held out for a red one. The Dot was an impulse buy and the Telecoustic was a CL find, it's my porch guitar.

I have a long standing (40 year) jones for a Slot-Head EB0, and a newfound gas for a Jack Casady signature bass. We'll see...

Cam.man67

Reaction score
Long time player, new member. Here's my LP bass and Tomato Soup Dot Studio.
I'm a fan of that color Dot Studio (mine is Cherry Gloss too:))! It can be a bit much, but mine came with chrome hardware. With the addition of chrome pickup covers and amber knobs off an LP Standard, I think the red became a lot more refined.

Gratuitous pic:
29422112676_50df2a9031_b.jpg

CheshireFrog

Reaction score
I'm a fan of that color Dot Studio (mine is Cherry Gloss too:))! It can be a bit much, but mine came with chrome hardware. With the addition of chrome pickup covers and amber knobs off an LP Standard, I think the red became a lot more refined.

You misunderstand, mine isn't Cherry Gloss, I love that color, it reminds me of the classic 335s. No, mine is "Tomato", that's literally what Epiphone called the color when it was released. Like I said, I love the guitar, but it makes me want to play with my eyes closed. Having said that, in much the same way that some people adopt homely dogs, it may be an ugly guitar, but it's MY ugly guitar.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Here's my 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Standard...It's a great playing guitar.

IMG569_zpsginbaotn.jpg

Here's the same Epiphone, but with different pickups. I did a pick up swap between my Epi and Gibson SG. The pick ups are Gibson's 490T and 490R. The pick guard is a Gibson PG and I had to file it a bit because Epiphone pick up rings are slightly larger than a Gibson one. It now fits like a glove.

002_zpsxiqiddoc.jpg

Here's a picture of my belated wife playing my Epiphone. She passed away last year in March from cancer. She was something special.

IMG507_zpsa3405165.jpg

;>)/

kevin s

Reaction score
Here's my 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Standard...It's a great playing guitar.

IMG569_zpsginbaotn.jpg

Here's the same Epiphone, but with different pickups. I did a pick up swap between my Epi and Gibson SG. The pick ups are Gibson's 490T and 490R. The pick guard is a Gibson PG and I had to file it a bit because Epiphone pick up rings are slightly larger than a Gibson one. It now fits like a glove.

002_zpsxiqiddoc.jpg

Here's a picture of my belated wife playing my Epiphone. She passed away last year in March from cancer. She was something special.

IMG507_zpsa3405165.jpg

;>)/
Sorry to hear you lost your wife.Nice standard,I have that one too,great guitar.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
looks like a plec holder..:hmm:

62D4F95C-9B29-4C11-B09B-27CC0748AFE1.jpg

I just saw and played one of these Zenith Masterbilt guitars in the music shop and they sound great. The playability is excellent and I definitely love the feel of the guitar. I was tempted to buy it, but I'm a little tight on cash these days.:facepalm:

;>)/

Random Greybeard

Reaction score
full

Finally found what I was looking for. Custom Pro + a little aftermarket extra. Been a Fender man for years and on the prowl for one of these for about a year.
Absolutly love the playability and sound.
Love at first sight.

Last edited:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Last edited:

Eddie

Reaction score
That prophecy is gorgeous... One day maybe, one day :hmm:

Bob

Thanks guys. I picked up on a pretty good deal on CL. Kid was blowing it out for $350 plus case plus almost new Peavey Vypyr amp. I bet I could have snagged it for $300.

But I don't play it as much as I should. It's just easier to grab the cheapo acoustic. :)

Eddie

Reaction score
Your dedication is contagious. Makes me want the FGN even more. But man, can I come over your house and play one first? :)

I'm on vacation right now. Kids and wife are in the pool. I've just been surfing CL all week. Lots of toys that I want. People are literally giving away their goods. But I must resist the temptation.

I was on MF last night and added a $99 Squier Bullet to my cart. I think it's still there. It's nice to have another cheapo guitar to dink around with ... but that's $99 less I could spend on an FGN. I must resist temptation ... and stay focused. Eyes on the prize ... FGN NCLC-10.

Latest posts