Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
Since this thread was started I realized I hadn't added my other new guitars (brand new at the time actually).

Wish I had better pics, but...

I got a second Genesis in Vintage finish;

d09c85c1-1940-468d-b0fe-0e508754ce3a_zps8afd8b3e.jpg

IMG_20150217_185026B_zps7aeada5e.jpg

Then the wife got me a Lee Malia. I have to use the Sweetwater pic. We have a yellow ceiling light and the pics came out really bad;

096df748-1f6d-4664-b9af-3b9ad587347b_zpsaxd3waov.jpg

See what I mean?

acf13fc7-abe6-4fa3-a868-055052b2eaef_zpslrbn7fci.jpg

Last edited:

musicman

Reaction score
That is one fine looking Les Paul you've got there Mark!

Last edited:

musicman

Reaction score
Thanks Paruwi! Happy to be here!
And since I am here I might as well contribute.
This is my Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus
I had to sell her after hitting a rough patch. Luckily for me, a friend of mine bought her and said that he would sell it back to me if I ever wanted it back. Well, that day is coming soon. I'm hoping that with either my income tax return or my work bonus next month, I will be able to buy her back. Anyway without further a due.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Thanks Paruwi! Happy to be here!
And since I am here I might as well contribute.
This is my Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus
I had to sell her after hitting a rough patch. Luckily for me, a friend of mine bought her and said that he would sell it back to me if I ever wanted it back. Well, that day is coming soon. I'm hoping that with either my income tax return or my work bonus next month, I will be able to buy her back. Anyway without further a due.

Nice. I hope you get her back soon and in good shape. My LP tribute plus is my avatar.

musicman

Reaction score
Nice. I hope you get her back soon and in good shape. My LP tribute plus is my avatar.

T+ Is a great guitar, yours is a beauty! I have no doubt that mine will be in the exact shape that I sold her in, my buddy takes great care of his gear.

jeff00925

Reaction score
I know I just posted all those pics of my new '89, but here's a new one for the "Show Your Epiphones" archive.

Attachments

• 170116-Epiphone-Les-Paul-W.JPG
    170116-Epiphone-Les-Paul-W.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 8

Gary

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I just joined and figured this would be a good place for my first post. Here are my two Epiphones. An ES-175 and a Special 1 P90. Is it allowed to post pictures of "formally owned" Epiphones? I have some old pictures of a couple of rare birds.

100_6128c.jpg

Gary

Reaction score
Sure it is.....:thumb:

and welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

Thanks! Well, with your permission....

I do not have pictures of the USA, pre Gibson, Epiphone Zenith that belonged to my dad. But that Epi was my first guitar, and Epiphone, experience.

In college, around 1972, I bought an Epiphone Coronet from Sol Betnum Music for $200. I played it in Jazz Band in college and it is the best guitar I've ever owned. I should never have sold it to buy a Norlin Les Paul Deluxe. Here is serial number 30603. If anyone ever sees her, let me know! I need to know that she is alive and well! It had a glorious wide neck that had a lovely oval profile. This is the only pic I have of it.

y1972c.jpg

Lastly, is one of my son's guitars. I do not know the model. But it is a Les Paul Jr DC body with a single bridge pickup. It is a set neck, made in USA and I should never have let him sell it, somewhere in the 1990's. Anyone know what model Epiphone this is? Sorry for the crappy pictures. They are scans of photographs. I was able to enhance the Epiphone name a little.

Aug2704.jpg

Aug2702c.jpg

BGood

Reaction score
Lastly, is one of my son's guitars. I do not know the model. But it is a Les Paul Jr DC body with a single bridge pickup. It is a set neck, made in USA and I should never have let him sell it, somewhere in the 1990's. Anyone know what model Epiphone this is? Sorry for the crappy pictures. They are scans of photographs. I was able to enhance the Epiphone name a little.

Aug2704.jpg

Aug2702c.jpg
It looks like a Spirit.

http://www.epiphonetalk.com/threads/so-ever-seen-one.1712/#post-23947

spirit-jpg.2763

NoBucks

Reaction score
Wow, a lot of nice guitars in this thread!

The thing I noticed about the Epi LP Special I is that the body has a lot of open space without the tailpiece. It always looks to me like it needs something. Plus, they have a very punk-feel to them, so I thought, why not add an Anarchy symbol? I'm not making a political statement, just an art thing, I guess.

The guitar has the stock electronics. It has Dunlop StrapLoks, a TUSQ-XL nut, GFS locking tuners, and a Wilkinson Aluminum Adjustable Intonated Wrapround Bridge. The speed knobs were replaced with red skull knobs off of eBay. The strap is a GFS Earl Slick leather strap.

epi05.jpg

I followed Roman's setup instructions over on MLP for setting up the neck and dressing the frets. I also drilled out the white fret markers and replace them with red markers from Allparts.com. I did the Anarchy symbols with a red enamel paint pen, then sanded it and buffed it with polish.

epi06.jpg
epi06a.jpg

Joel F.

Last edited:

Gary

Reaction score
The thing I noticed about the Epi LP Special I is that the body has a lot of open space without the tailpiece. It always looks to me like it needs something. Plus, they have a very punk-feel to them, so I thought, why not add an Anarchy symbol? I'm not making a political statement, just an art thing, I guess.

That's a great idea! I thought the same thing about my black Epi Special. My daughter is an artist. I was thinking of giving her a silver colored Sharpie and letting her have at it. :D

BTW - Good looking guitar. :thumb:

Latest posts