Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I could possibly be the worst photographer ever, but here are my current Epi's anyway...

Les%20Paul_zpshgagtcjz.jpg

hummingbird_zpsxdnfav9i.jpg

P93onbed.jpg
I took the pickguard off of this one.
RIVPGon_zpslr595av9.jpg

epiacoustic.jpg

masterbiltpiano_zpsog2dwipn.jpg

sg_zpseznsgoyk.jpg
SGtrem.jpg

Carrion Trilevel

Reaction score
Niiiice Carrion ! But what are those two nice brown beauties you're not introducing ? They're like Robert Palmer's babes.

addictedstardies.PNG

paul_3x-jpg.4883
haha that they are :) those are 2 guitars I built 10 years ago based on a 1959 Les Paul Jr, Both have Gibby 500T's The right is 2 piece matched Mahogany/ Mahogany neck , Ziricote fretboard. The left is 2 piece matched Alder, Mahogany neck, Bocote fretboard. both have my custom bridge setup. Both have birds-View attachment 4886 View attachment 4886 View attachment 4886 View attachment 4886 View attachment 4886 eye headstock plates

Raiyn

Reaction score
haha that they are :) those are 2 guitars I built 10 years ago based on a 1959 Les Paul Jr, Both have Gibby 500T's The right is 2 piece matched Mahogany/ Mahogany neck , Ziricote fretboard. The left is 2 piece matched Alder, Mahogany neck, Bocote fretboard. both have my custom bridge setup. Both have birds-View attachment 4886 \ eye headstock plates
Nice!

Cam.man67

Reaction score
36424725092_4000087406_k.jpg

Selling this soon, didn't prefer the 6-string neck position when seated. But, I gotta say, cool guitar! Sounds excellent, the 6 is fat and growls, while the 12 is more jangly thanks to the acoustic strings I put on it. Bronze windings mean quieter wound strings which means the octave strings are more noticeable plugged in.

CheshireFrog

Reaction score
Growing up in the '60s and having seen Jimmy Page's 1275 it was impossible not to lust after one of my own. Fortunately back then there was no way I could ever afford one, and now that I can I've had the opportunity to actually try one I realize how impractical they are. They weigh too much for me to play standing for long, and as you said, when seated the 6 string neck is way too low. The 1275 will always be supremely cool, but for what I do it doesn't do anything that a separate 6- and 12- string wouldn't do better.

Still, it must have been cool to own one...

page.jpg

Cam.man67

Reaction score
Growing up in the '60s and having seen Jimmy Page's 1275 it was impossible not to lust after one of my own. Fortunately back then there was no way I could ever afford one, and now that I can I've had the opportunity to actually try one I realize how impractical they are. They weigh too much for me to play standing for long, and as you said, when seated the 6 string neck is way too low. The 1275 will always be supremely cool, but for what I do it doesn't do anything that a separate 6- and 12- string wouldn't do better.

Still, it must have been cool to own one...

View attachment 4941
It was a cool experience for sure! I mean, this thing looks pure rock n roll, and thankfully had the tone to back it up! I got very lucky with this 1275, it was purchased with a snapped-off 12-string headstock, so I got it for an excellent price. A little glue, clamping, and sanding later and it's all good! I'm

John

Reaction score
I've wanted to sell it a few times, though my Missus don't let me....
it was my second Epi, and IIRC the last one she had officially 'approved'....:rofl:

Well hell, that's a keeper then cus she said so........:rofl:

Latest posts