Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Besides chrome, those would look awesome in a black LP.
Agreed.
I clicked this thread thinking it was a show your guitar thread. Instead I find it's a show your knob thread.:hmm:
There's 50+pages of guitars. Occasionally things get side-tracked around here, nothing unusual about it.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Just picked this beauty up from the pawn shop I get most of my super bargains from, £275 and she's virtually mint.

Epiphone Sorrento "1962" Ltd Ed 50th Anniversary (crappy pic sent by store to ask if I was interested)

She went straight to my tech, so I'll post a picture of her and her sister the Sheraton "1962" Ltd Ed 50th Anniversary when she gets back.

Tweed26

Reaction score
Just picked this beauty up from the pawn shop I get most of my super bargains from, £275 and she's virtually mint.

Epiphone Sorrento "1962" Ltd Ed 50th Anniversary (crappy pic sent by store to ask if I was interested)

She went straight to my tech, so I'll post a picture of her and her sister the Sheraton "1962" Ltd Ed 50th Anniversary when she gets back.
Congratulations. I too, had both of the 62 reissues. A bargain at their asking prices, good quality, great modding platforms. Mine were both "USED", so they didn't have the Gibson mini-humbuckers, but that was part of the fun. The Sorrento got Rowe-Dearmond gold foils, the Sheraton, Firebird pickups and a Maestro vibrola. Still have the Sheraton. Have fun with yours and play the hell out of them.

v8stang289

Reaction score
First time posting but I've been lurking here for a while. I mainly hang out over at the Seymour Duncan forums
Currently have 2 Epiphones. A 2007 LP standard Plus Top that I swapped a set of Duncan-designed HB-103's into, and my newly acquired 2007 '66 RI G400 (need to get a better pic of it) The SG is stock, and will stay that way for now at least.
qhlc2en100c11.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:

DigitalDreams

Reaction score
First time posting but I've been lurking here for a while. I mainly hang out over at the Seymour Duncan forums
Currently have 2 Epiphones. A 2007 LP standard Plus Top that I swapped a set of Duncan-designed HB-103's into, and my newly acquired 2007 '66 RI G400 (need to get a better pic of it) The SG is stock, and will stay that way for now at least.
qhlc2en100c11.jpg

attachment.php
Loving that blue les paul. Welcome to the forums.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
:facepalm:
qhlc2en100c11.jpg

attachment.php

That Les Paul is to die for - I need a blue LP now:drool:

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
As promised a better picture of my newly acquired 50th anniversary Sorrento. This thing is in mint condition - not a single mark anywhere even on the pickguard, still had plastic on pickups. I don't think the guy ever played it just hung it on his wall, was covered in dust hence why I didn't see the plastic on the pickups. Like I say not a mark on it and the nut was set to Epi usual standard ie nut slots way to high.

and with her sister

full report later in ngd thread

v8stang289

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I love this Les Paul, it plays as good as it looks, and sounds great through my DSL.
I started playing as a teen, but hadn't done much in the last 10 years other than piddle around a little every now and then. A couple years ago I was bored and decided to look for blue Les Pauls on Ebay. This one caught my eye and I ended up bidding and got it for $290 shipped.
I know a guitar won't make you play better, but sometimes one can inspire you to want to play better. I got back into playing, Am having fun and have made a lot of progress in my skills and abilities.
I've gotten a few guitars since this one, but it's still my number one. It just feels right.
48140823081_bec7cd1d22_z.jpg

attachment.php

I replaced the amber knobs with black speed knobs, and the switch bezel shortly after I got it.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I love this Les Paul, it plays as good as it looks, and sounds great through my DSL.
I started playing as a teen, but hadn't done much in the last 10 years other than piddle around a little every now and then. A couple years ago I was bored and decided to look for blue Les Pauls on Ebay. This one caught my eye and I ended up bidding and got it for $290 shipped.
I know a guitar won't make you play better, but sometimes one can inspire you to want to play better. I got back into playing, Am having fun and have made a lot of progress in my skills and abilities.
I've gotten a few guitars since this one, but it's still my number one. It just feels right.

attachment.php

I replaced the amber knobs with black speed knobs, and the switch bezel shortly after I got it.

Having that one special guitar can make all the difference.

I tell my students that if a guitar inspires them to pick it up then they'll play more - if they play more, they improve and in turn what their playing improves. So to me the right instrument can make you play better.

BGood

Reaction score

attachment.php

BEAUTIFUL !

You shouldn't have stopped there ...:h5:

Brian16sg

Reaction score
Nice looking Guitar! I have been eye balling Les Pauls lateley . Like they said anything that will inspire someone to want to practice and play more is a plus.

Latest posts