Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SauceBoss

Reaction score
Here's mine!

I put this on layaway right around a year ago today! It's my first electric guitar in about 15 years (I took a long hiatus from playing!). I have since bought a Fender MIM Strat, a Gretsch Semihollow with P90's, and just put a Squier Jazzmaster on layaway before Christmas!
Welcome!:wave:

CanuckLP

Reaction score
Is it just me or is this “AAAA” grade flame top underwhelming. I mean part of the draw to the Lazarus is the infamous flame top. It was touted as being amazing.

Mine is a bit of a lunch bag let down.

I’ve included a picture of the ‘59 Royal tea burst for comparison which is a “AAA” top.
71A7A754-D87A-4099-9148-61C7F2B65803.jpeg 524432CA-1178-4BBA-86FD-1E5E6FA18B36.jpeg

CanuckLP

Reaction score
Yeah I saw yours (amazing!) and had some expectations set. Debating on returning it but there’s no more available. So I’d have to get something else.

On another note I’m going to polish my ‘59. Already started!

kendalltristan

Reaction score
Is it just me or is this “AAAA” grade flame top underwhelming.
Mine is a little more flamey than yours but definitely less than what I often see marketed as "AAA". It doesn't bother me at all as I think too much flame just looks ridiculous. If you do decide to get rid of it, the used market is pretty hot for them right now so you might could make some money.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Regardless of the number of A's of the veneer top, they're damn fine instruments and good looking to boot.

Seriously though, and I'm not saying this in an attacking manner, but splitting hairs over an Epiphone veneer?
It ain't a Custom Shop rig and the global supply chain has taken a pretty hard hit so what exactly do people expect?
I'd prefer to believe they used the nicest stuff they were able to get at the time and let it go at that.

Last edited:

CanuckLP

Reaction score
Regardless of the number of A's of the veneer top, they're damn fine instruments and good looking to boot.

Seriously though, and I'm not saying this in an attacking manner, but splitting hairs over an Epiphone veneer?
It ain't a Custom Shop rig and the global supply chain has taken a pretty hard hit so what exactly do people expect?
I'd prefer to believe they used the nicest stuff they were able to get at the time and let it go at that.
Good point and I totally agree!

imnotcreative

Reaction score

It looks nice on a stand or a hanger, but It doesn't matter much when you play it anyway. Then only the people watching you play will be able to enjoy the looks of it.
Unless you play it like a lap steel or like Hendrix and use your teeth, which i both doubt.

Stevo58

Reaction score
That's a 1959-60 Epiphone Emperor three single coil pickup hollow body that was made when they Epiphone was in New York. The push button tone controls were a hoot but not very practical.
If it’s a NY, it’s no later than ‘56. Look up your serialnumber:

https://wiedler.ch/nyepireg/database.html#SNhead

Judging by the pickups, it’s probably ‘51-‘54.

NY or Kalamazoo, that’s a beaut. The early Kalamazoos used NY-built bodies and necks.

steven

Last edited:

Epifool

Reaction score
full

full

full

full
Fantastic stuff, congrats!

Latest posts