Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I picked up a second Wilshire last Thursday, a black one this time.

20220202-165025.jpg

20220202-163326.jpg

Nice!

Imerkat

Reaction score
full

I’m debating whether to go all out on a ES-355 outfit. I hear people complaining about Gibson 57 pickups in semis i just installed but I’m stunned how good they sound. I had them in a les paul they were ok but in this! Makes it hard to believe it’s the same guitar.

Last edited:

CanuckLP

Reaction score
full

I’m debating whether to go all out on a ES-355 outfit. I hear people complaining about Gibson 57 pickups in semis i just installed but I’m stunned how good they sound. I had them in a les paul they were ok but in this! Makes it hard to believe it’s the same guitar.
That’s an incredible guitar. Very nice

Charles Carter

Reaction score
full

The Gibson 57s in my ES 175 are beautiful, granted its a hollow body rather than a semi and I'm looking for a clean jazz sound but they're wonderful.
No complaints here!
That guitar is gorgeous. I love that tailpiece and vibrato. It's stunning!

Wilshire P90

Reaction score
Just beautiful
View attachment 16742

pickups got switched ? IIRC the come with P90

Thanks! I was waiting for someone to ask about the mods, I had the guitar for four days before I did the first wave of mods. First, I made a custom pickguard out of Lexan that would mount Firebird pickups, painted the underside a gunmetal metallic (in person the flake pops nicely), then rewired the control cavity 50's style, and mounted the 'bird pickups, it sounds phenominal. I hope it looks like it could've been born this way, because that's what I was going for.

The "e" sticker? I found a place online that sells re-pops of the old logo stickers, I bought 4 of them.

Also, the 'bird pickups are Mojotone Johnny Winter signature pickups (a matched set). They're vintage speced. low output, just like the original 'bird pickups.

Last edited:

vomer

Reaction score
full

That's a beauty, what model is it? I think I've missed something!

Imerkat

Reaction score
That's a beauty, what model is it? I think I've missed something!

it’s a Japanese 1988 Sheraton, for the domestic market. I wanted one with a real figured maple and not a veneer. The vibrola I installed, it used to have a frequensator but it’s reversible.

3bolt79

Reaction score
Just picked up this Explorer in ODG. Cost almost as much as the guitar to have it shipped down to AUS but no complaints, absolutely love it. Zero QC issues, plays great.
View attachment 16755 View attachment 16756

I want an explorer really bad. But I will have to probably wait until summer as it’s the Lizzy Hale explorer that I want, and it’s a little more expensive. Also, I just ordered another Epi SG.

I did pretty good though as far as GAS is concerned. I went the whole month of January without purchasing a guitar. Tho is what is to arrive around Wednesday.
2210EFF1-9671-4E24-80D7-9A207595511B.jpeg

vomer

Reaction score
it’s a Japanese 1988 Sheraton, for the domestic market. I wanted one with a real figured maple and not a veneer. The vibrola I installed, it used to have a frequensator but it’s reversible.
Thanks. Did you take the vibrola off another Epi, or were you able to buy it separately? I've thought about putting one on my Sheraton.

Imerkat

Reaction score
Thanks. Did you take the vibrola off another Epi, or were you able to buy it separately? I've thought about putting one on my Sheraton.

Bought it here from a fellow Member! i think this was off a firebird but they also make spot on reproductions on the ‘bay.

I did mod mine to taste. I took off the hinged and used a frequensator hooks so its sits closer to your hand, lowered the angle of the spring and arm to fit the arch. But that might be standard with these repros from the East.

natedogg88

Reaction score
Just got a new one today. I saw her posted online and couldn't pass it up - Pewter 58 Explorer in mint condition with the original hard shell :) This thing seems pretty rare and I can't find many similar listings online. Anyone know how many of these pewter explorers were made? Now thinking about trying to chase down a pewter les paul studio to match it...20220215_162148.jpg20220215_162223.jpg20220215_162231.jpg20220215_162237.jpg20220215_162254.jpg

stilwel

Reaction score
full

That is absolutely stunning!!

I have a '95 Riviera and a JB-355 that I've installed Gibson '57 Classics in. In the Riviera I have a '57 Classic + in the bridge, which helps brighten it up just a touch. I have one to install in the 355, but I'm lacking motivation to route the wiring. :D

I really think the '57 Classic neck and Classic+ bridge pair perfectly with semi-hollows.

BGood

Reaction score
I usually hate Cherry bursts, but yours is very organic, deep with good saturation and a soft burst transition. When they are that good, they also work great on a plaintop.

Like this one (not mine)

IMG_0178.jpg

Latest posts