Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WienerDog

Reaction score
Bienvenue !

Nice stable you got there, pretty eclectic. That '89 top looks great. The Trad Pro III, does it have a beefy neck ? Nice find with the Budokan.

About the Special, what year is it, mid 90's ? I had a '95 DC. I liked it but wasn't on top of things to fully appreciate what I had. Have you had a chance to compare it to the recent IBG one ?
Thanks for the kind words! The Trad Pro III neck is fairly beefy, but not a boat oar. The Special was made in 2010 -- it's got the "Custom Shop" stamp on the back of the headstock. The P90s sound very nice. I have not compared it to the current model.

BGood

Reaction score
The Special was made in 2010 -- it's got the "Custom Shop" stamp on the back of the headstock.
Doesn't mean anything, pure marketing. It's on about 90% of all electric Epiphone made between 2006 and 2017.

Lower the neck pup as low as it will go, you might have to remove foam or springs underneath. You'll discover a nice clear sounding P90 and middle position will have a tone of its own, acoustic like, chimy.

Here on my 2020.P90 height - 7mm X 4mm.jpg

Tony Yates51

Reaction score
Can anyone please help identify this Les Paul that I just acquired ? - There is no serial number anywhere that I can find, but I've not got as far as looking under the pickups yet.
IMG_1862.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1864.jpgIMG_1865.jpg

Tony Yates51

Reaction score
Thanks, BGood - I picked this up from a house clearance sale on EBay, I was wanting an LP with the aim of learning Guitar, and my Son suggested I might seek out older instrument rather than buy an entry level guitar - it looks like I got lucky !
It needs some TLC and tidying up, so I'll maybe post some "after" pictures of it.
Thanks again, comments appreciated.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Can anyone please help identify this Les Paul that I just acquired ? - There is no serial number anywhere that I can find, but I've not got as far as looking under the pickups yet.

Hi,
Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

I think you found yourself a somewhat rare 1989 LP Standard.
http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/All_Les_Paul_Models.php#Les_Paul_Standard_2

What he said is absolute correct

In the first years of Made in Korea only Samick made guitars for €pi
they had white paper-stickers with the serial#, most of them fell off over the years

1.jpg

Keefoman

Reaction score
My Epiphones as of today:

53975799101_8535b6efe9_k.jpg

Ravenmadd9

Reaction score
Here's my last Epiphone Billy Joe Armstrong junior......putting it back together slowly......will find my shots of other Epiphones I have later

Ravenmadd9

Reaction score
My black dulled finish 2002 studio
My experiment purple swirl standard

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1725813187915.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725813187915.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 10
  • FB_IMG_1725813196696.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725813196696.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 10

Robb

Reaction score
Thanks, BGood - I picked this up from a house clearance sale on EBay, I was wanting an LP with the aim of learning Guitar, and my Son suggested I might seek out older instrument rather than buy an entry level guitar - it looks like I got lucky !
It needs some TLC and tidying up, so I'll maybe post some "after" pictures of it.
Thanks again, comments appreciated.
Howdy and welcome to Epi talk !

Edhalen

Reaction score
Just picked up this '59 last night. Gave it the once-over and it plays like a dream. Clearance priced at GC. Got lucky.

EDIT - the guitar in the background is my sister's Epi Grohl. Thing screams and plays great. I'm keeping it at my place as she's cramped for space and wants it to get played. Happy to oblige :)

EPILP1.jpg

Last edited:

Lutheran1971

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I love the Epiphone brand story and history, as well as the quality/value of the guitars. I'm primarily an early 2000's Elite/Elitist fanboi, though I also own a small number of 2020+ Epis and think they're to an instrument, great too! Had a modest but beautiful collection of Elitists prior to a costly...event...in my life a decade ago, and was forced to sell them all; but recently have been able to re-acquire two of the very guitars and replace a few others. A work in progress! Anyway, enjoy!

Attachments

• Elitists-ReducedSize2.jpg
    Elitists-ReducedSize2.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 10

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Hi @Lutheran1971
welcome here @ €piTalk
wave.gif
Had a modest but beautiful collection of Elitists prior

Hard to beat FujiGen craftmanship

I've missed the €lite/€litists when they were affordable
though while searching for them I've discovered FujiGens own brand FGN
and never really looked back

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I love the Epiphone brand story and history, as well as the quality/value of the guitars. I'm primarily an early 2000's Elite/Elitist fanboi, though I also own a small number of 2020+ Epis and think they're to an instrument, great too! Had a modest but beautiful collection of Elitists prior to a costly...event...in my life a decade ago, and was forced to sell them all; but recently have been able to re-acquire two of the very guitars and replace a few others. A work in progress! Anyway, enjoy!
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story and the pic. :cheers:

Darkness

Reaction score
Sigh......another one followed me home tonight. I gotta take a different path. This is absolutely the very last guitar I will ever buy.
My wife read a post to me today.

"Steal a man's wallet and he will be broke for a day. Teach a man to play an instrument and he will be broke for life" :rofl:

That's a beauty. With the grain on the board it would have followed me home too if I saw it for sale. I really want one but can't convince myself yet.

Latest posts