Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RR-Ramblers

Reaction score
Hi,

First post here. This is my Epiphone Les Paul. Bought it used, and seems like it was modified before I got it. The switch, output jack, and electronics cavity covers are black plastic, but it has cream binding and switch plate. From the serial number, it appears to be a 2010 model year, made in Unsung, Korea.

View attachment 12060

1990's / early 2000's Korean Epiphones are priceless collectors items.

That is one sweet cherry burst Les Paul, WOW!

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
Thank you, but it doesn't look as good close up. It has a number of dings on the back, and there is a really ugly mix of parts ( mix of black parts and creme parts, seemingly in no particular pattern). I am slowly going to get ir squared away. It sounds good, but there are buzzes coming from the bridge, and I have to change the strap buttons, switch back cover and electronics cover, output jack plate, switch plate, and tuners (current tuners have been replaced by previous owner, and not for the better). All of which are not hard to do, of course, it will just take a little time.

Last edited:

RR-Ramblers

Reaction score
Thank you, but it doesn't look as good close up. It has a number of dings on the back, and there is a really ugly mix of parts ( mix of black parts and creme parts, seemingly in no particular pattern). I am slowly going to get ir squared away. It sounds good, but there are buzzes coming from the bridge, and I have to change the trap buttons, switch back cover and electronics cover, output jack plate, switch plate, and tuners (current tuners have been replaced by previous owner, and not for the better). All of which are not hard to do, of course, it will just take a little time.

Look at this Epi LP on eBay, Chinese I believe, very similar to yours, has the cream parts on the front & black on the back to blend with the wood

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933768737...3768.N36.S1.typeWATCH_ITEM_ENDING_SOON.R1.TR6

DigitalDreams

Reaction score
Been upgrading quite a few of my Epi's but this is the first time making my own pick guard. The original pick ups were a little flat so I put in a set of probuckers, added some grovers, some witch hat knobs and a mirror pickguard. Also a setup and some new strings. Missing one screw still for the pick guard and still need to bevel the edge. I love how it turned out.
Before:
BlackVFront.jpg
After:
IMG_0319.JPG

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
4BD54AAC-BE16-474A-88D2-9D1D479CD23E.jpeg
Look at this Epi LP on eBay, Chinese I believe, very similar to yours, has the cream parts on the front & black on the back to blend with the wood

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193376873768?_trksid=p3984.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g=I193376873768.N36.S1.typeWATCH_ITEM_ENDING_SOON.R1.TR6

My guitar has the same bright red coloured back as the edge of the sunburst on the front of the guitar. The eBay guitar has a brown back. The sides of my guitar and back of the neck are also bright red. I think my guitar is a MIK, from the serial number (101021081), which I am decoding as 2010, October, Unsung Korea, batch/sequence 081. I have changed the knobs in the front from black speed knobs to the current gold ones. The strap buttons and output jack plate are next, to be changed to chrome from the current black, with felt washers for the strap buttons (currently none).

The decoder you linked to also says 2010, October, but says the sequence code is 21081, and made in Korea by Samick.

Thanks for the information you provided. Too bad the previous owner bastardized it a bit. Nothing that can't be corrected, and I do like playing it.

Last edited:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I think my guitar is a MIK, from the serial number (101021081), which I am decoding as 2010, October, Unsung Korea,

not correct

I (not 1) = Saein factory Korea
01=year
02=month
1081=rank/batch/whatever#

The decoder you linked to also says 2010, October, but says the sequence code is 21081, and made in Korea by Samick.
decoders don't have a brain - most of the time :lol:

RR-Ramblers

Reaction score
I'm generally not a fan of LP Jr's but that one is beautiful :thumb:

Of the 4 "barn finds" (two Specials, two Juniors) the hybrid Special II (2009 body, 2017 neck) really plays very nice but I will have to say the 2011 Cherry Burst LP Jr. has remarkable sustain and tone, even through a simple amp and no effects.

Lukas Nelson does a Les Paul Junior proud with this classic:

WytchCrypt

Reaction score
Of the 4 "barn finds" (two Specials, two Juniors) the hybrid Special II (2009 body, 2017 neck) really plays very nice but I will have to say the 2011 Cherry Burst LP Jr. has remarkable sustain and tone, even through a simple amp and no effects.

Lukas Nelson does a Les Paul Junior proud with this classic:

Cool, very nice solo tone out of the Jr...really tight. Always have loved that song and they really nailed the harmonies :thumb:

RR-Ramblers

Reaction score
Cool, very nice solo tone out of the Jr...really tight. Always have loved that song and they really nailed the harmonies :thumb:

I was not aware that was Willie Nelson's son. Yes ,a great rendition and superior musicianship like the bass player starting on acoustic guitar then switching to bass in the same song.

macaroni

Reaction score
beautiful collection - very nice,
does the green les paul have a wooden or a green back and neck?
greetings from germany

Latest posts