The New FAKE Epi thread

Raiyn

Reaction score
That's well and good. But other people knowingly re-sell Chibsons as Gibsons without disclosure.
Those people are called "scumbags".

Very few of us know each other IRL, so we have no way of trusting that someone who buys a fake Gibson is not going to put it on CraigsList at several times his purchase price.
I don't know, I think I'd go to lunch with you and see what you're about. I've gotten a couple real good friends through the boards, but you're right, I needed to suss them out in person before I really trusted them.
If that person falls on hard times and needs to raise cash to pay the rent or his child's day care, it becomes an easy decision to deceive someone else.
True enough, morals can get flexible when there are mouths to feed. We like to think of ourselves as being "better than that", but when push comes to shove..... On the other hand, some folks are @$$40<e5.
I can't afford a Gibson without major sacrifices to my family's needs. But I don't need one because I'm very happy with my Epis. I don't care what the headstock says.
100% with you there. I love modding things, but I'm still working within a budget.
My $600 Epi LP is the real thing and the $2400 difference between it and a comparable Gibson is not worth it. Anyone who thinks less of me because I play Epis and Squiers instead of Gibsons and Fenders is not someone I want as a friend
Well said.
Go read the history of Epiphone and Les Paul. Gibson may have his name, but Epiphone had his heart.
Les Paul may well be the only reason Epiphone is an active brand today.

2tone

Reaction score
There is an Epi LP for sale on FB here in Brisbane, only a couple of photos. What do you think? Legit or fake?

36347776_10156461853482248_1212202223774203904_n.jpg

36248271_10156461853382248_5427600899813933056_n.jpg

2tone

Reaction score
I thought it looked fake as well. Contacted the seller and she is not interested, she said she just wants to get rid of the guitar.

vomer

Reaction score
And other signs on that one as well. But also, what's happening at the nut? It looks like there's a big gap between the nut and the headstock veneer. Horrible!

King B

Reaction score
Well..... It really has an odd feel about it. The printing on the truss rod cover is sloppy.

BGood

Reaction score
I don't get it that they miss so obvious features. Wouldn't be hard at all for them, to make it visually exactly the same.

2tone

Reaction score
I sent the seller a link to the Epiphoney video and explained why I thought it is fake. She still has the guitar advertised on Facebook marketplace for $600. It’s disappointing that she is still trying to sell it despite her knowing it is fake.

vomer

Reaction score
Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
That's a fake fake! Doesn't even say Epiphone on it :D. But many of the usual features usually seen on Epi fakes. A bit of a classic, that one. 29 sold!

Anyway, here's a real fake just come on today, obvious Black Beauty:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Epiphone...451905?hash=item23a6275901:g:yScAAOSwefRbVi53

Messaged the seller, he replied saying he thinks it's real and asking why I don't, I replied with the reasons and I'm awaiting his reply.
Whaaaa!? A fake Black Beauty?
say-it-aint-mgkbed.jpg

They're learning though... No mismatched "EE" on the serial.

BGood

Reaction score
What about the trc fonts, shouldn't they look like this ? Or are there different versions ?

product_4255.jpg

Knobs don't seem parallel.

luisson

Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

I came to this forum in order have the "experts" take a look at a guitar that was offered to me.
It's a Epiphone Les Paul Standard and you will find lots of detail photos here:
[As I am new, I unfortunately I can't post a link here... :-((( Will do it later.]

The seller told me that he got the guitar as a christmas gift from his parents about 15-20 years ago.
The parents bought it in a guitar shop in Essen, Germany.
The shop obviously does not exist any more.

From my point of view, there are some hints that indicates it as a fake and some that it is legit.

So I would like to have your statements and feedback.
If there are any questions feel free to contact me or write them in your statements.
Thanks a lot to everybody in advance and have a fine day!

Kind regards

luisson

Edit:
P.S. Uploading a file doesn't work either... :-/

Raiyn

Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

I came to this forum in order have the "experts" take a look at a guitar that was offered to me.
It's a Epiphone Les Paul Standard and you will find lots of detail photos here:
[As I am new, I unfortunately I can't post a link here... :-((( Will do it later.]

The seller told me that he got the guitar as a christmas gift from his parents about 15-20 years ago.
The parents bought it in a guitar shop in Essen, Germany.
The shop obviously does not exist any more.

From my point of view, there are some hints that indicates it as a fake and some that it is legit.

So I would like to have your statements and feedback.
If there are any questions feel free to contact me or write them in your statements.
Thanks a lot to everybody in advance and have a fine day!

Kind regards

luisson

Edit:
P.S. Uploading a file doesn't work either... :-/
Do you have a link?

Latest posts