The New FAKE Epi thread

Phantom0917

Reaction score
Hey Davis...I tried your solution but it still will not let me as it thinks I am including a link and since I am somewhat new to this forum it will not let me include links. It is on Ebay and entitled "
Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO Electric Guitar Silver Burst Ltd. Ed. + Hard Case" for $525.

Thanks,
Mike

King B

Reaction score
Welcome to you Phantom 0917. The Silverburst Custom is an excellent choice IMO. However I would try to sway you towards a brand new one paired with a fitted Epi case. Trust me. It's a beautiful thing.

Phantom0917

Reaction score
Welcome to you Phantom 0917. The Silverburst Custom is an excellent choice IMO. However I would try to sway you towards a brand new one paired with a fitted Epi case. Trust me. It's a beautiful thing.

Hi King B...thank you for your suggestion. I'm still very much a rookie and trying to not over-spend my capabilities. Hopefully I can grow into this. Thanks again for yours and everyone's guidance.

King B

Reaction score
Well I'm still rookish and I did overspend in the beginning only to settle down to business with an LP ii and an LP Studio. Both are highly expandable. It's a very deep hobby. Sorry bout dat funky post.

Dylan Gruenloh

Reaction score
Hi,

welcome here @ €piTalk,
:wave:

there looks nothing wrong with this Wilshire Pro
it was made Sept 08 at the Daewon or Unsung China factory

specs can be found ^^here

What? There's a ton wrong with the Wilshire. The neck heel is blatantly obvious considering Epiphone has NEVER made a neck heel that gigantic for the Epiphones. Especially not the pro line. The logo is awfuly copied and no push pull? Come on man. Dont give an opinion if you arent sure because then you're wasting someone elses money on a fake. The problems were so obvious too.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
What? There's a ton wrong with the Wilshire. The neck heel is blatantly obvious considering Epiphone has NEVER made a neck heel that gigantic for the Epiphones. Especially not the pro line. The logo is awfuly copied and no push pull? Come on man. Dont give an opinion if you arent sure because then you're wasting someone elses money on a fake. The problems were so obvious too.

You know Epi used two different types of neck heels on the 'newer' Wilshires ?

Dylan Gruenloh

Reaction score

I've owned 6 since they released in 2010. No they do not. And you're heavily ignoring the obvious fake font. I can always message epiphone myself to prove it to you. I've been playing Wilshires for a long time and done enough research to know.

Dylan Gruenloh

Reaction score
The ONLY time they've made them with those god awful necks is on the extremely cheap giveaway epiphones that companies throw a full face pickguard on to brand the crap out of it. And even those are bolt on necks. That's the only time you'll see one made by Epiphone.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
No they do not.

Fail !

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Dylan Gruenloh

Reaction score
Top red one is blatantly fake. The Epiphone logo is just as bad of quality as the one previously posted. And again, the neck heel.
Middle one shows less signs of being fake but the heel is still too large and that isn't the natural truss rod cover nor the natural volume/tone knobs and I HIGHLY doubt all 3 of these fakes just so happen to have different owners with the same need to put thoise knock off knobs and truss rod cover lmao.
Green one, again, a fake because like i've already said you can contact Epiphone yourself and they'll even tell you they do NOT produce wilshires with that neck heel.
Listen kid, i've been playing the wilshires longer than any other guitar i've had and i've been selling them for 8 years. Quit plastering fakes with no ACTUAL knowledge on the subject and trying to pass them off as real. Like i said, email Epiphone. They will respond. Quitting spouting BS and get your crap fact checked.

Latest posts