Unofficial Epiphone Wiki Archive ***ONLINE***

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
@BGood
I've bumped it to 'remind' you about the epiwiki.org
So we don't have to use the way-back machine any longer.

seen your post @ MLP

BGood

Reaction score
@BGood
I've bumped it to 'remind' you about the epiwiki.org
So we don't have to use the way-back machine any longer.

seen your post @ MLP
I saw what you did, thanks. But still, can it be updated, can info and pics be added to it ?

RTH

Reaction score
Technically, any website can be updated. But the mechanisms for updating via a graphical user interface dont exist on the wiki archive. I have a live wiki running parallel to it, but it will be some time before it's ready.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
There's been no progress on the fandom site for almost a year. The member that started it signs in to here, but hasn't posted in almost as long. I had the idea to host the back up siterip as a static site last week, so after seeing there was no progress on the fandom page, I went for it. No offense intended to the guy that tried to revive my work.

I spent over 5 years putting that all together and it was a bigger undertaking than people realize. Just for perspective, It took me 3 months of solid work just to fix the lost and broken data when the wiki crashed in 2014.
one of them has just 22 pages.....:naughty:
I dont know. Maintaining an interactive site server-side is almost as much work as updating and maintaing the user side. The script has to be monitored almost constantly for host updates because they tend to break scripts and reset important variables. This happened so often on the live wiki. Thats why it was always slow or offline. It was a constant nightmare. This site is all HTML/CSS. Easy peasy. Runs smooth and will never break...at least not until any deprecated markup becomes crazy obsolete. The downside is that its not easily updatable and impossible to update on the user end. Theres actually a little too much HTML in my opinion. I'd like to parse the nav links through php to slim it down a bit, which is easy in theory, until you factor in 3800 pages that would need to be edited. Anyway, if someone wants a more current list of Epiphone specs, my suggestion would to be to start a (real) wiki where this one leaves off, which is the 2016 model year. An addendum of sorts. That might be a more practical use for the fandom wiki. We could even link to each other.
And the other has 3810! :wow:

:thumb:

grinwer

Reaction score
Thanks, @Paruwi.
I have some web experience. Therefore, I understand that it is not easy ).
I want to understand in what state, it is and where it is.

grinwer

Reaction score
With all respect and gratitude to those who did important and difficult work. Thanks to @RTH, @Paruwi , and everyone involved.

So. Today.
There is only static site epiphonewiki.org (html-css), but no access to the server.
Unable to update or fix.
There is no backup of the current state.
Nobody knows if RTH will come here.

Right?

Last edited:

grinwer

Reaction score
@RTH and I have the backup saved on the PC
ОК.
Here.
........... now there is nothing ..............
I didn’t have time to check everything. but in general this should work.
This is static. html-css. Can be updated. It's troublesome, but possible. And it is easier than carrying it to the CMS.
This one can be brought up to 2019. And leave it as an archive.
From 2020 start a new wiki.
Why 2019 - 2020? Epiphone is taking a sharp turn, and Epiphone redesigned the site in January 2020.
Such are my thoughts.

+add:
The main (most difficult) thing is to collect everything in one place.
Transferring to another hosting and domain is not difficult.
The new wiki will be around.

What do you think about this?

Last edited:

Latest posts