Unofficial Epiphone Wiki Archive ***ONLINE***

RTH

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what the question is, tbh. If you want to run another wiki on an obscure domain, go for it, I guess. Its been ripped quite a few times already.

As for updating it, its not going to be as easy as you think. The only reason the html/css version functions properly is because it is a site rip and all of the templated entries were recreated as separate html pages automatically. If you don't know what I mean, you will find out when you get to models like the les paul or any guitar that shows up in more than one category, like limited run collections. The les paul page has templates within templates. Wiki templates are kind of like simple php, where you can create an entry or page of entries, and then call it up in multiple categories with a command. The conversion to html created individual pages for each place the templates were called to. You'd have to find each one and update them manually....and there are a lot.

It can be done, but not easily. This is an incredibly large and tedious undertaking. Many have tried...

I suppose that I should also mention that with a full year of covid lockdowns, plus the last 6 months I've been going through a divorce, so the wiki had to be sidelined. Please no sorrys or condolences. I filed, I got the house and the kids. She got the boot.

grinwer

Reaction score
I know what html, css, php, jawa etc.

It's clear. as you wish.
I just see that no one is updating, there is no new, you are not ... I wanted to help.
Sorry.

I suggested. Good luck.

Last edited:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I suppose that I should also mention that with a full year of covid lockdowns, plus the last 6 months I've been going through a divorce, so the wiki had to be sidelined. Please no sorrys or condolences. I filed, I got the house and the kids. She got the boot.

I hope you could keep the guitars and bass too :naughty:

Thanks for your reply :applause:

grinwer

Reaction score
To update the catalog page, it is enough to add links to one text file and upload the files to the setver.
To add a model, it is enough to add one page (characteristics and images) and a link to it.
No need to change 500 files.
It will not be very nice, but the information will be available.
And all this is not so difficult.
But you reacted strangely.
But this is your decision.

RTH

Reaction score
I hope you could keep the guitars and bass too :naughty:

Thanks for your reply :applause:
I got everything except the Kitchen-aid mixer. :rofl:

My son plays, so she wouldn't mess with the guitars. That, and I've bought like 5 guitars over this summer. I bought a Gretsch 5120 (?), Epi Trad Pro, Epi FT-570SB, Gibson SG 70s tribute, and a Kala U-bass

Last edited:

RTH

Reaction score
Here's a link to the live wiki.

http://www.epiphonewiki.org/live/Main_Page

I can't remember exactly how I was doing the conversions. I think that I was pasting in the html and then doing a search/replace to convert to wikimarkup. But that doesn't sound exactly right either. The bass and bluegrass sections are complete. Amps are about two thirds finished, and all of the other functional links are headers for pages.

IIRC I was creating the headers manually and then pasting the html...I think. Not sure why I was skipping around so much.

RTH

Reaction score
To update the catalog page, it is enough to add links to one text file and upload the files to the setver.
To add a model, it is enough to add one page (characteristics and images) and a link to it.
No need to change 500 files.
It will not be very nice, but the information will be available.
And all this is not so difficult.
But you reacted strangely.
But this is your decision.

I still don't understand what the question is. If you want to do that, its up to you. I don't technically own the info on the wiki, Epiphone does, so its not like i can or would try to stop you from updating it. I'm just saying that its not as easy as people think...even on a live wiki. It took two years at 8-10 hours a day, almost every day to research and populate the wiki before even adding new guitar updates. 2016-2021 won't take as long, but you are still looking at a considerably large amount of guitars to add. My suggestion would be to start collecting all of the guitar models that need to be added just to see how many there are. Group them by type and then start adding them. Electric, acoustic, bass, etc. Collect pics while you do this. There is a considerable amount of research involved. Be organized and don't get ahead of yourself with the updates.

grinwer

Reaction score
I still don't understand what the question is. If you want to do that, its up to you. I don't technically own the info on the wiki, Epiphone does, so its not like i can or would try to stop you from updating it. I'm just saying that its not as easy as people think...even on a live wiki. It took two years at 8-10 hours a day, almost every day to research and populate the wiki before even adding new guitar updates. 2016-2021 won't take as long, but you are still looking at a considerably large amount of guitars to add. My suggestion would be to start collecting all of the guitar models that need to be added just to see how many there are. Group them by type and then start adding them. Electric, acoustic, bass, etc. Collect pics while you do this. There is a considerable amount of research involved. Be organized and don't get ahead of yourself with the updates.
1. You were gone for two years. Nothing has been updated. I copied the wiki and was looking for a way to save (not lose the wiki again) fix the errors and continue.
What's bad about it?
2. Are you here? Are you continuing? - OK. I'm glad.

RTH

Reaction score
I never said there was anything bad about it. I still don't know what you are asking me. Are you asking me to add your updates to the wiki?

And quite frankly, your initial post of "two years. Thanks" without even knowing my situation kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Have you ever had to deal with a severe alcoholic, work overtime, take care of two kids and run a household all by yourself? It doesn't leave much time for anything else.

If you want to create updates, then go for it. If you want me to add them to the wiki, just ask.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I never said there was anything bad about it. I still don't know what you are asking me. Are you asking me to add your updates to the wiki?

And quite frankly, your initial post of "two years. Thanks" without even knowing my situation kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Have you ever had to deal with a severe alcoholic, work overtime, take care of two kids and run a household all by yourself? It doesn't leave much time for anything else.

If you want to create updates, then go for it. If you want me to add them to the wiki, just ask.
Dude, just ignore him. Focus on what you need to do for yourself and your family.

Reactions: RTH

grinwer

Reaction score

2. Are you here? Are you continuing? - OK. I'm glad.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Some people do have lifes outside of €pi-Talk.....:thumb:

Oh great. Now I have even more work to do. Gotta go out and find a life.

Hmmm.....this looks like a good place to start. :hmm:

a28bc8bd23ebf9d20b40a38dd2c5be1e.jpg

grinwer

Reaction score
* Thank you * I told to @Paruwi for the quote.
2 years is just 2 years. It's just a fact.
It is not clear why you are nervous.

Scrin-2021-09-12 16 14 37.png
http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/1944.pdf
http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/1938.pdf
http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/1934.pdf
http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/1928.pdf
http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/1925.pdf

Don't you understand how to fix a 404 error?
You don’t understand how to add cftalogs?
is nonsense?

Last edited:

imnotcreative

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, but i found this

sounds pretty sweet

He also has more video's demonstrating older Epiphones and other jazzboxes

Last edited:

Latest posts