Vintage or modern? Wha do you prefer?

• Vintage

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Modern

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
This will replace the keyboard player ;)

I remember back in the late 70's, Pete Townsend of the Who and others said that guitars were going out of style and was going to be omitted out of modern music .... then EVH happened .... then Randy Rhoads.

Didn't they have out in the news three years ago that guitars were now obsolete ..... they were wrong.

Keyboards will never go out of style, for a guitarist to get some equal pitches, one would need a 10 string guitar and do two handed tapping ..... giving me ideas now !!!! 🤔

ping ping

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? I you narrowed it down to what your personal tastes would be, which would you pick?

Personally I would take a Marshall 1959 (with an attenuator!!) and a Guv'nor pedal. My LPC has Wizz paf replicas in it, CTS 500k pots, and PIO capacitors, .015 for the neck and .022 for the bridge. You could say I'm into vintage stuff! So how about you guys?
I took a cha-cha-chance and bought a modern Les Paul Modern, know what the return policy is,
"No Questions Asked", so I went modern and the instrument is a keeper. It's still a L.P. variation and heavy as an anchore.I like it it does what I wanted it for, sound nice ,records well and really increased my self esteem and my magnetism as a stud muffin.
Hey , it could happen.🙄BONNER FIDLERS.jpg

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
I added a Seymour Screamin Demon on my Epiphone LPC in the neck position to go with my Alnico V Dragonfire Screamer pickups.. I might send in one of my curved metal pickup rings to Seymour Duncan to install a Triple Shot circuit on it .
My Gibson LPC has a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge and Screamin Demon in the neck w/ a triple shot .
I love those Triple Shot pickup rings, putting a 10 k to 11kohms pick into that pickup ring, hit the acoustic simulator and it whole new World.
I may end up, giving up my push / push knob to a friend , so it could go to some good use .

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
I took a cha-cha-chance and bought a modern Les Paul Modern, know what the return policy is,
"No Questions Asked", so I went modern and the instrument is a keeper. It's still a L.P. variation and heavy as an anchore.I like it it does what I wanted it for, sound nice ,records well and really increased my self esteem and my magnetism as a stud muffin.
Hey , it could happen.🙄View attachment 18600
I'm hoping to get an Black Epiphone LPC, drop in Carvin M22SD ( 14.02k ohms ) in the bridge and a Bill Lawrence XL 500 ( 11.28k ohms ) in the neck w / a triple shot , Wilkinson roller bridge and Schaller tailpiece with fine tuners. And get a chrome mirror pick guard , with chrome pickup rings .... it'll be my " John Sykes " guitar .

Hey Ping Ping, what kind of music do you play ? .
Have you taken that guitar thru the distortion and clean test ?
Does it have modification on it or is it stock ?

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get an Black Epiphone LPC, drop in Carvin M22SD ( 14.02k ohms ) in the bridge and a Bill Lawrence XL 500 ( 11.28k ohms ) in the neck w / a triple shot , Wilkinson roller bridge and Schaller tailpiece with fine tuners. And get a chrome mirror pick guard , with chrome pickup rings .... it'll be my " John Sykes " guitar .

There's a Burny model that's similar to that (minus the carvin pickups and special bridge/tailpiece of course)

RLC-55JS-BLK-660x240.jpg

ping ping

Reaction score

I have a Dimarzio Evolution in a guitar and it's like having a tank of nitro on board. BUt that's from the olds , pre pre amp pedals with the Bogners Uberschall and Blue Ecstacy I can have all the gain seven demons could wish for. I like lower output pickups that came with the modern L.P.
MAybe later I'll do a switch-a-roo after I'm more familiar with the current set off options
A T.C.Electronic Spark booster with hi-lo eq options and a choice between single and dual coil pickups. There are is a gain knob on board as well as a volume knob the humbuckers into a marshall type amp
A KEELEY 4 knob Compressor Plus to add to the sustain of the guitar while staying clean .
Then there is the Faux amp Pedals ,
Strymon Iridium, and the two Bogner pedals Uberschall and Blue Ecstacy which honestly offers a lot option to my options anxiety list of possibilities when these pedals are strung together. I visualize these front end pedals combined to make a modular Synth I started this where am I and wudda I have to say,, programing Mini and Micro Moogs , so the image in mind is a comfortable place to start , ( you know the flow chart , Vco-Vcf-E.G.- Amp )
So replacing pickups leaves me wanting PAF out range pickups because I want to focus the sound on the guitar rather than the sound of the amps primarily.
how am I doing, still clear?
Dimarzio would be the pick up of choice,
Vintage output. PAF JOE

Latest posts