What did you do to your Epiphone today?

• Thread starter CanuckLP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
A set of SD "Vintage Blues 59" pickups arrived today.

My favorite pickups, regardless of price. I put a pair in one of my older Epi LP Standards and it was like night and day. They stay so clear even with a bunch of overdrive and they can snarl like hell. For my ears they are far better than the SD JB/Jazz set.

Darkness

Reaction score
My favorite pickups, regardless of price. I put a pair in one of my older Epi LP Standards and it was like night and day. They stay so clear even with a bunch of overdrive and they can snarl like hell. For my ears they are far better than the SD JB/Jazz set.
This is good to hear! I listened to a lot of demos with headphones and on my surround sound and they sounded great to me, but you know that's dependent on an amp, recording equipment, and so on.

syco

Reaction score
SH 2 Jazz / SH 4 JB is what I had in a "Worn Ebony " Classic at one time . I thought they had a good balance . Clean when you needed it ......... a bit gritty if you wanted it .

Darkness

Reaction score
SH 2 Jazz / SH 4 JB is what I had in a "Worn Ebony " Classic at one time . I thought they had a good balance . Clean when you needed it ......... a bit gritty if you wanted it .
I had those in mind as well. I was also considering their "Hot Rodded" set but I read that one of them can be ear piercing.

Nice to see you back. Your old ebony is nearly ready for a new life.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Speak of the devil... was just cleaning these (was doing some repair on a guitar that had one set and took another set out to debate whether I wanted screws on the cream bobbin or black... first world problems).

SDs.jpg

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
View attachment 16321 Put the Gibson 61 pickups that were in my Gibson 60’s standard into my Epiphone Silverburst. I have a new favourite guitar!

edit- I didn’t put them in, I paid to have them put in. I’m not a good at soldering… and have zero clue on how to wire them.
i have a 60s standard and i had the Slash Alnico Pro 2s installed cuz they only have one lead. those GIbson ones you have might too.( i didnt have the confidence to try and solder the leads mesh coating to the pots, for my first time to ever solder something). Although i did have to turn the pickup around cuz Guitar center put it in upside down, which is the extent of my experience. i wanted to ask if u upgraded the capacitors or just went with the stock ones?

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
Hopefully things quiet down a bit for the holiday season and can get back to modding guitars/ making videos. Was just able to play a bit in the office during breaks in between. This one's got a pair of guitarfetish pickups from back in the day when I still lived in the states.
View attachment 16348
i love that top, i feel like an amber toggle switch tip would look really cool with those top hat knobs

Latest posts