CoVid-19 Thread.

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Otto99

Reaction score
So, our elderly pug, Nelson, has a lung infection that has not been confirmed as anything other than that. I’m resisting calling him Rona Dog, but if it is - and there’s a documented pug case in the States - then we brought it to him, more than likely me. If so, that means I and/or the bride are carriers, and asymptomatic. Trying real hard not to dwell on this, as the other pug came through just fine, but the timing...

BGood

Reaction score
The planet is coughing. I was outside and felt the ground shake. Magnitude 3.7 earthquake at 11:03 this morning, with epicentre at 30km from here !

Biddlin

Reaction score
The planet is coughing. I was outside and felt the ground shake. Magnitude 3.7 earthquake at 11:03 this morning
In California we don't get out of bed for anything smaller than 4.0.

Digger

Reaction score
Our restrictions are on for at least another month.

Approaching a hundred deaths nationwide. Wide open spaces can be a blessing sometimes.

BGood

Reaction score
Wow ... just wow ! A friend I like just sent me this video.

It is incredible how internet is the absolute tool for spreading conspiracy theories. It would be interesting to see a documentary on the construction and the progression of such a theory. Look at it through the end. It is so big, one can't be surprised that the target clientele bites down hard on it.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Wow ... just wow ! A friend I like just sent me this video.

It is incredible how internet is the absolute tool for spreading conspiracy theories. It would be interesting to see a documentary on the construction and the progression of such a theory. Look at it through the end. It is so big, one can't be surprised that the target clientele bites down hard on it.
Well meaning or not, you just spread the message.
Screenshot_2020-05-08-13-01-24.jpg
good riddance to bad rubbish

Please don't give these tinfoil hat wearing lunatics the views, all you're doing is spreading their bullish¡t .

Digger

Reaction score
Supermarkets are back to normal here now and Monday our state premier is announcing a slight easing of our current hard line stance.

A couple weeks after that if no resurgence then things will ease again.

DigitalDreams

Reaction score
I live in a more rural area of Northern AZ. I have been fortunate enough to not only remain employed through this ordeal but also get hazard pay. I am still wearing a mask and gloves for what little interaction I have with others, but sadly the attitude as of this week has been increasingly "the worst is over no need to social distance or wear masks". I think this mentality is dangerous. Conspiracy theories abound here. It will get to a point for those still choosing to play it safe will be ridiculed, it has already happened once this week. :rolleyes:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I live in a more rural area of Northern AZ. I have been fortunate enough to not only remain employed through this ordeal but also get hazard pay. I am still wearing a mask and gloves for what little interaction I have with others, but sadly the attitude as of this week has been increasingly "the worst is over no need to social distance or wear masks". I think this mentality is dangerous. Conspiracy theories abound here. It will get to a point for those still choosing to play it safe will be ridiculed, it has already happened once this week. :rolleyes:

It looks like the same is about to happen here in the UK with some relaxing of restrictions but my postcode area is still a hotspot for the virus and the number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 has crept up to 962 in my little backwater of north west England. :shock:

BGood

Reaction score
The worst will be over when there are close to zero new cases within two weeks.....
And that's far from next week.

We're reopening primary school this week, and businesses that have an outside door (no shopping centers). No mandatory face masks. Risky move from our government. We'll get a nice big backwash, as the first wave is still climbing.

Otto99

Reaction score
It’s interesting to see an international take on this. We have rabid idiots waving guns, demanding that everything open up now, it’s all a hoax, no worse than flu, etc. I figure there’s some of that globally, although prolly without so many guns, but is it as seemingly widespread as in the US? At least the city government here is still maintaining sanity, slowly reopening stuff with restrictions, and there still yet may be a mandatory mask ordinance even this late in. And yet I’m not aware of any mass protest like you’ve seen on the news here in Memphis. I guess so long as we can gets wings and BBQ, we’re a complacent lot!

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
It’s interesting to see an international take on this. We have rabid idiots waving guns, demanding that everything open up now, it’s all a hoax, no worse than flu, etc. I figure there’s some of that globally, although prolly without so many guns, but is it as seemingly widespread as in the US? At least the city government here is still maintaining sanity, slowly reopening stuff with restrictions, and there still yet may be a mandatory mask ordinance even this late in. And yet I’m not aware of any mass protest like you’ve seen on the news here in Memphis. I guess so long as we can gets wings and BBQ, we’re a complacent lot!

I'm sure that many of those protesters displaying weapons will claim that they bought the guns for self defense. The irony is that the best self-defense against COVID-19 is to stay home.

Digger

Reaction score

We had similar rallies and protests over the weekend though no guns. Police were hurt and some protesters arrested. Short sighted idiots or maybe “Rentacrowd?”

Lancpudn

Reaction score
There's a kind of ageism thing going on here with young people saying make the older generation stay home as they're the ones more susceptible to the virus. :frown:

The confirmed cases of Covid-19 are still creeping up in my postcode area from 962 to 975 cases in the last 24 hours.

Latest posts