CoVid-19 Thread.

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Otto99

Reaction score
So, on the day we hit 11th out of 50 states with the most cases, and daily increases expected for a while yet, our “leadership” has decided most everything will reopen on 1 May. While I’m really missing the gym, I have absolutely no intention of darkening the door there or really anywhere until this thing seems to be under at least more control than now.

And @Paruwi, I saw a meme about a joke circulating in Germany that goes “What borders on stupidity? Why, Mexico and Canada!” Can you confirm? :D

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
about a joke circulating in Germany that goes “What borders on stupidity? Why, Mexico and Canada!”

It is more like:
What borders on stupidity ? Mexico and Canada !

I'm quite sure it isn't related to the majority of the population....
you can guess the rest.

Roy Clark

Reaction score
I've been in prison for a month now (well it feels like prison).

I live alone so no one to even break the monotony.
Still, better than getting the virus.

Raiyn

Reaction score
It is more like:
What borders on stupidity ? Mexico and Canada !

I'm quite sure it isn't related to the majority of the population....
you can guess the rest.
Considering the number of protests and the goofball governors setting us up for round 2, it's not far off.

Let us not forget that in Florida essential means pro wrestling and scratch-off lottery tickets.

Otto99

Reaction score
Tennessee is opening for bidness on 1 May, but the Memphis and Shelby county Mayors agree on 5 May. I ain’t goin’ nowhere until 1 June, and hope our scheduled show on 20 June still happens.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I've been out once in the space of 7 weeks :shock: That was to the supermarket with my missus to lift some heavy bags of compost into the trolley for her but when we got to the front of the line the security guy said only one adult from a household can enter the store. :shock:

BGood

Reaction score
... the security guy said only one adult from a household can enter the store. :shock:
We've had that for quite a while here. It makes sense. Less people trying to negociate social distancing in cramped spaces.

Here you're not going in the local pharamacy. You order on the phone and they give it to you through the door. Pay with credit card you deposit in a sandwich bag they present to you.

Raiyn

Reaction score
What I really want to know is how they (Georgia) think a hair salon can comply with social distancing?

Also, is touching up the roots in Betty's bouffant really worth the risk?

The bowling alleys I almost get. You can space people / families out on lanes, they already spray the shoes, the balls could (probably) be spritzed with the same stuff. Where it falls apart is when you add booze. I don't know about you guys, but when I bowl, I indulge a bit in a couple of adult beverages. Others get downright sloppy. That can lead to a Bad Thing™

Digger

Reaction score
What I really want to know is how they (Georgia) think a hair salon can comply with social distancing?

Also, is touching up the roots in Betty's bouffant really worth the risk?

The bowling alleys I almost get. You can space people / families out on lanes, they already spray the shoes, the balls could (probably) be spritzed with the same stuff. Where it falls apart is when you add booze. I don't know about you guys, but when I bowl, I indulge a bit in a couple of adult beverages. Others get downright sloppy. That can lead to a Bad Thing™
I bought myself a hairdressing kit recently and when my hair starts to annoy me I’ll just run over it with the clippers.
It doesn’t matter what look like if I’m not going anywhere.

Digger

Reaction score
Whoops! l almost forgot to mention that Mrs Dig chanced on a 20 pack of bum paper yesterday in out supermarket!

Said they’d had an unexpected delivery!

Raiyn

Reaction score
I bought myself a hairdressing kit recently and when my hair starts to annoy me I’ll just run over it with the clippers.
It doesn’t matter what look like if I’m not going anywhere.
I haven't taken the ol' Safety Razor out in a while to clean up the edges of my beard in a while. Made due with the shaver head in my trimmer kit. It's under a mask if I'm out so why invite the irritation?

As for the hair, our barber / stylist buggered off to Tennessee last year and we haven't found anyone else. I had him cut my hair so that if for some reason I needed to I could tie it back properly in ≈ 6 months. Apparently that was good thinking.

I've had long hair before, it actually works better for me than my "short do" because I can pull the hair tighter to my scalp and not have the bulk of my hair holding heat.

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
One of the side effects of this stay at home here is that my internet connection has dropped to below dial up levels.

I’ve gone from about 50 Mbs down to around 1 or 2 Mbs. It’s so low I cant watch video at all and besides the quality resembles Tetris ATM. I guess it’s everyone at home streaming movies and the network was never designed for such use. However I’m not happy for being charged top money for something I can’t use.

Latest posts