CoVid-19 Thread.

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
upload_2020-4-4_21-22-16.png

233 infected in my district, first death (Lady under 60 = my age)
even in the small village (less than 1000 residents) I live we now have 3 infected people

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
The bride and I went to what’s supposed to be our market for supplies, and were wore masks so we didn’t inadvertently infect someone. Two things became obvious; 1) masks will not protect bearded gentlemen. I could feel the draft coming in from the edges whenever I would inhale, and b) prolly need some mouthwash before masking up after the morning coffee.
I found a solution that takes things like beards into account by being seamless. Sold under IHeartRaves or Into the AM over on Amazon
cfebe5bd-5697-4862-816b-ff376347514d._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

63fb35bf-e78c-4be1-934f-8bdbbcbad8c6._CR0,0,1500,928_PT0_SX970__.jpg

61ub%2B7UhPoL._AC_UY780_.jpg

61nzOK6uNIL._AC_UY780_.jpg

They're on Amazon and they pop them in the mail (with tracking) the next day.
Rave / abstract designs here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YZMDHLI?
Sports / 2 color block here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CHVWX51?

I've ordered a pair (2 each) for SWMBO and myself and they're already being tracked.
They seem to be the same material that UnderArmor or CoolMax is based on the properties they claim. Cold wash (or Woolite in the sink) & line dry ought to do it.

This is not intended to replace an N95 mask, it isn't intended to protect you, however it would fall under the new CDC guidance advising the use of non-medical, cloth-based face coverings in some public settings.

The upshot is that if you're asymptomatic it'll help you keep your cooties to yourself.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
The bride and I went to what’s supposed to be our market for supplies, and were wore masks so we didn’t inadvertently infect someone. Two things became obvious; 1) masks will not protect bearded gentlemen. I could feel the draft coming in from the edges whenever I would inhale, and b) prolly need some mouthwash before masking up after the morning coffee.

You had it right in your first sentence. It's to protect others from your spray (if you're infected y asymptomatic). It won't protect you - except indirectly if people think you're infected and stay away from you. ;)

I guess @Raiyn wrote the same thing, but I was looking at the pictures.:naughty:

Digger

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to buy masks or gloves since this thing started! We have a huge shortage apparently, and it’s a struggle to outfit health care workers.

I have a big industrial mask thingie I bought for the smoke earlier in the year and I guess I’ll be wearing that, but with a beard, masks are useless as protection. However if I have this virus unknowingly it should protect others hopefully.

It’s a week since I’ve been off the property now.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to buy masks or gloves since this thing started!

There are lots of on-line tutorials on how to make a mask, but they're all from the US or CHina. This one might work for you

1. Catch a croc and skin it
2. Wrap the skin around your nose and mouth
3. Tie it in place with an Eastern Brown Snake

:)

Otto99

Reaction score
The ones you can make with a folded bandanna work ok unless you wear glasses. Then they fog up with every exhale. A friend made us some that are pleated, and I can pull it up high enough on my nose that the glasses bridge actually helps seal it off, and no fogging. We’re adopting a serious buy what we know we’ll need - wine, whisky, and Powerball tickets - ahead so I won’t have to go out again until Thursday. Tennessee is way behind the curve, and we’re going to be slammed in a week or so.

Digger

Reaction score
There are lots of on-line tutorials on how to make a mask, but they're all from the US or CHina. This one might work for you

1. Catch a croc and skin it
2. Wrap the skin around your nose and mouth
3. Tie it in place with an Eastern Brown Snake

:)
Suddenly the virus doesn’t seem so dangerous.

I’d risk the Croc, but not the snake....they’re bad buggers!

Raiyn

Reaction score
I found a solution that takes things like beards into account by being seamless. Sold under IHeartRaves or Into the AM over on Amazon
cfebe5bd-5697-4862-816b-ff376347514d._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

63fb35bf-e78c-4be1-934f-8bdbbcbad8c6._CR0,0,1500,928_PT0_SX970__.jpg

61ub%2B7UhPoL._AC_UY780_.jpg

61nzOK6uNIL._AC_UY780_.jpg

They're on Amazon and they pop them in the mail (with tracking) the next day.
Rave / abstract designs here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YZMDHLI?
Sports / 2 color block here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CHVWX51?

I've ordered a pair (2 each) for SWMBO and myself and they're already being tracked.
They seem to be the same material that UnderArmor or CoolMax is based on the properties they claim. Cold wash (or Woolite in the sink) & line dry ought to do it.

This is not intended to replace an N95 mask, it isn't intended to protect you, however it would fall under the new CDC guidance advising the use of non-medical, cloth-based face coverings in some public settings.

The upshot is that if you're asymptomatic it'll help you keep your cooties to yourself.
Well, the raver hoochie model is "currently unavailable" and I suspect the sports team version will be next.

I wore one yesterday and once I settled into it it was OK if a little snug. I've got a fairly big head (finding hats is an ordeal) and a neck to match so my results may be atypical if you're not the size of an NFL lineman.

Digger

Reaction score
There’s some comment in the news that this virus might never go away this morning!

It’s hard enough seeing these restrictions going for months much less years!

Biddlin

Reaction score
Seems like many folks in the USA are still on the "It's just the flu" and "The hospitals have all the gear they need."
"It's all going to be fine."

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Seems like many folks in the USA are still on the "It's just the flu" and "The hospitals have all the gear they need."
"It's all going to be fine."

Unfortunately true. On the bright side, the models are predicting fewer deaths in the US (average of 60K down from 80-90K) due to social distancing and stay at home orders. The other side is that those "many folks" may use that as permission to congregate.

I'm stunned that I just wrote that 60K deaths is "on the bright side." That's our world now.

Latest posts