CoVid-19 Thread.

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Biddlin

Reaction score
It seems to me that the "open everything up now" sentiment is coming from those who care less about the "global economic vitality" than they do about insuring the vitality of their parasitic relationships to it.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
The number of confirmed covid-19 cases here in my postcode neck o the woods is still rising with 1175 cases, My sister in law & niece were diagnosed positive with Covid-19 on Monday. :frown:

Digger

Reaction score
The number of confirmed covid-19 cases here in my postcode neck o the woods is still rising with 1175 cases, My sister in law & niece were diagnosed positive with Covid-19 on Monday. :frown:
Oh no! So sorry to hear that Ian, hope they will get through it OK,

Lancpudn

Reaction score
100,047 as of 5pm Central Daylight Time (GMT -5:00)

Good grief! Those are terrible numbers, I spoke to my younger brother last night asking about his missus & daughter, His daughter is a WPC (women police officer) and got beaten up last week when she went to a domestic dispute by the husband & now got diagnosed covid positive.
My brother is a self employed builder who doesn't get any financial help from the government, He was supposed to start a job he'd priced up installing a new kitchen & UPVC windows & doors in a property this week but has to self isolate for 14 days & get tested again.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
One of my co-workers had mild symptoms, went to the clinic, and tested negative. Later, he was tested again during blood donation was positive. He's pretty lucky, because he is over 60 and has some health issues.

I get it, we can't stay closed forever, but crowded pool parties and the like are just stupid.

bgmacaw

Reaction score
One of my in-laws recently tested positive for antibodies. He had a what he thought was a mild flu in early March. Interestingly enough, no one else in his immediate family who were around him while he was sick, about a dozen or so people, got sick at all. He suspects he picked up the virus at the doctor's or physical therapy office he goes to often due to his back issues.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Glad you are home safe and sound.
Yeah. We took every precaution we could. Masks at all times around others etc. In addition to bleach wiping everything in the hotel rooms, we also sprayed down everything we bought with a distilled sanitizer product.

We were at a Howie Mandell level of OCD, but considering the ages and health histories of everyone involved...

Although I was a dumbass, I had contacted my Credit Union in regards to an unrelated matter and asked if I could get an appointment to use their change machine to deposit our "rainy day fund". Well in the course of setting up the appointment the nice lady asked me what day would be good. "Oh any day is fine, I'm stuck at home under quarantine"! :facepalm: I then had to explain that it was unofficial, due diligence, etc. and apologize for being dumb.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Good grief! Those are terrible numbers, I spoke to my younger brother last night asking about his missus & daughter, His daughter is a WPC (women police officer) and got beaten up last week when she went to a domestic dispute by the husband & now got diagnosed covid positive.
My brother is a self employed builder who doesn't get any financial help from the government, He was supposed to start a job he'd priced up installing a new kitchen & UPVC windows & doors in a property this week but has to self isolate for 14 days & get tested again.

Both of my nieces boys (11 & 9) have tested Covid positive now :shock: Some schools opening over here but not in this neck o the woods yet as the numbers are still slowly rising.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Not new to the folks here, but worth sharing and re-sharing anyway.

Raiyn

Reaction score
1062 / 71
That was May 20th
Current cases in Pinellas County, FL
1361 (+26 since yesterday) 90 dead
Not as bad as I'd have thought, honestly. I'd imagine there's going to be an escalation though.

In St. Louis County, MN by comparison:
118 cases, 14 deaths.
1361 (+26 since yesterday) 90 dead

Digger

Reaction score
Massive street protests in Melbourne last weekend and tomorrow for various reasons risk a big outbreak of Covid in a state where our figures have been good. Are they just so single minded that they don’t see the risk to the whole community or are they just plain dumb?

Being passionate about a cause is one thing but being reckless is another.

TheKat

Reaction score
Not new to the folks here, but worth sharing and re-sharing anyway.

Thanks for sharing!

Worth noting is that this are not absolute "Risk to infect another" percentages, but "Risk to infect another relative to two persons not wearing a mask". The graphic's lettering is worded as if it were the first.

Also, according to my infos, distance is what helps most. Masks are a good thing to wear, especially indoors ;), but maintaining distance if at all possible is crucial.

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
Now we're seeing the numbers start to push here in Florida.
Pinellas County, FL
3153 cases, 113 dead.
Florida totals
89,748 cases, 3,104 dead.
Opening things up was such a great idea! Thanks Gov. Ronnie!
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/18/new...arantine-florida-travelers-as-cases-rise.html

St. Louis County, MN
113 cases, 14 dead.
MN cases
32,031 total, 1,376 dead, 27,709 recovered

FL doesn't provide recovered numbers.

Latest posts