How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Regen-Tropfen-Fenster-Fotografieren-11-740x431.jpg

It's a day to stay inside.....

Digger

Reaction score
Becoming very Autumnal here!

Has been low 20's or just under for all of Easter. Today is predicted to be 19C or 68F approx.

Chance of a shower but I might have a time to slash the boundaries before it gets wet hopefully as the growth has been incredible!

IGRocker

Reaction score
Rainy and 55f! The last couple days have been right around 50f and partly cloudy. Spring is here!!

Jim McPherson

Reaction score
We had a little rain over night. Need more for the yard. I planted a small garden over the weekend and just wanted a few things to start. I haven't had any luck here in TX with a Garden. I need to work with this heat we get during the summer and get it out early.

Digger

Reaction score
It's been Winter here for the last 2 days, cold & wet!

Today looks like an improvement @ 22C or 74F with clearing showers.

I hope it dries up enough to get some mowing done today.

Digger

Reaction score
We had a little rain over night. Need more for the yard. I planted a small garden over the weekend and just wanted a few things to start. I haven't had any luck here in TX with a Garden. I need to work with this heat we get during the summer and get it out early.

It gets pretty warm here too Jim and we have grown thousands of plants over the years successfully.

We usually try to plant in Winter to give time for root growth and establishment before the heat hits the plants so young. Of course we usually use weed mats and grow bags to protect them from the occasional chilly morning. We have half a dozen nights that might get down to -2C here and initially then need protection from that.

Jim McPherson

Reaction score
It gets pretty warm here too Jim and we have grown thousands of plants over the years successfully.

We usually try to plant in Winter to give time for root growth and establishment before the heat hits the plants so young. Of course we usually use weed mats and grow bags to protect them from the occasional chilly morning. We have half a dozen nights that might get down to -2C here and initially then need protection from that.

Rob, I've been talking to a few people I work with that garden. Just trying to get some hints on when and what to grow.

A few years ago I gave it a try. I had green tomatoes rotting on the vine. They didn't do good and so I didn't try anything again. But this year I thought I'd give it a go again.

Digger

Reaction score
Rob, I've been talking to a few people I work with that garden. Just trying to get some hints on when and what to grow.

A few years ago I gave it a try. I had green tomatoes rotting on the vine. They didn't do good and so I didn't try anything again. But this year I thought I'd give it a go again.

Yeah I know that things will be different there but if it's the heat (or is it the humidity) that is the problems sometimes a low order shadecloth can be used to block the full sun.

If it's humidity then yes that causes tomatoes to rot and I am not sure what to do about that. Here it's the native birds, they eat everything!!

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
today we've had the first really warm and sunny day
we've got up to 19°C - not bad for the last day of March

IGRocker

Reaction score
Quite the shocker when I woke up. 30f and there's snow on the ground! Most of it melted or blew away within a couple hours thankfully.

Digger

Reaction score
Better you than me IGR!

Today it's supposed to be 20 max and that is 70F approximately.
Daylight saving ended last night and we got up waaaaay too early.

Managed to get lawns mowed yesterday in between visits to Mum who is in hospital.

Been a torrid week actually.

Last edited:

Latest posts