How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Rollin' with much the same again today. It's 67° now on it's way to 87°. Not a single cloud in the sky so far and no rain in the forecast.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
More of the same again with grey skies & rain for most of the day, It's warm though with a high of 20C later today.
The sunflowers are looking bedraggled in this weather. :frown:#

kOYfcqql.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
19C expected here today and hopefully the end of the high winds we’ve experienced for the last couple of days.

Only a coupe of days of winter left to go!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
We hit 90° today but it's cooled off to 78° at 10:00 pm and we'll hit 58° before sun up tomorrow. Little cooler tomorrow at 86° but overall it's been a warmer than usual summer.

Digger

Reaction score
21C here today!

I had to go up to the shed around 2AM as a wombat, a very active one, was tripping the sensor light every few minutes and flooding the place with light which was keeping me awake. I went up and turned the light off. The wind at that time was warm and gusty which I wasn’t expecting as it’s still winter officially. Stars were nice though!

Digger

Reaction score
Today is the first day of Spring here in Australia and for the next couple of days we are going ro get some pretty rough weather! Winds approaching minor cyclone levels in some areas apparently.

We are at Mallacoota and our maximum expected is 22C.

Digger

Reaction score
We had 22C for our first day of Spring here at Mallacoota today. My morning started as it so often does down here sitting on the deck appreciating nature around us. Gael joined Bella and I later followed by breakfast cooked on the BBQ. “Women cant cook on a BBQ” I said, but guess what, she proved me wrong.

Then came long phone conversations with all 5 kids as its also Fathers Day here.

Later we wandered down to Quarry Beach, our favorite in this remote and picturesque part of the state. Bella was in heaven and was instantly In the water having the time of her life whilst we mooched along exploring rock pools and countless pretty stones washed up after a storm . There was an abalone boat about 150 metres off shore enjoyng perfect diving conditions. I wished I was down there with them!

I gathered a couple of undamaged abalone shells off the beach which I intend to strip and expose the mother of pearl, to use as decorations in the caravan annex. I have a dremel and some wire brush attachments which should do the job.

I have a gemstone tumbler in my Amazon cart waiting for confirmation while I think about it. I did lapidary and cutting and polishing when I was 18, even opal a couple of times. I made hundreds of pieces of jewellery and was even offered commercial quantity orders of a 1000 pieces. I’m sure some of these beach rocks would be hard enough to take a polish.

We both have difficulty walking any distance but today just mooching along we covered about 4 k’s without any drama. For a beach with such special geology and pristine beauty, ours were the only footprints today.

We were hot there in the sun and helping Gael remove her top made us both remember days gone by. Sigh~

Last edited:

Otto99

Reaction score
86°/30° under mostly cloudy skies. For September, this is Chamber of Commerce weather in Memphis. It’s still a little humid, but at least we’re not walking though heavy wet blankets.

Latest posts