How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
The Princess Gaia occasionally needs to remind us that we are
but trembling microbes in the face of her might!

23c here today and a gorgeous sunny morning.

Otto99

Reaction score
Good Grief! I've been following the news of the destruction that tornados caused in KY & Al online and it's heartbreaking to see the loss of life & devastation. Incredible scenes of the worst weather imaginable.
Yet in all that destruction, there’s little glimpses of hope. My friend’s church in the earlier photo was a striking building, with a lovely shallow dome covering the sanctuary. The centerpiece was the altar, a large wooden piece with a sculpture of Da Vinci’s Last Supper inside the box and softly lit. I recall as a kid how beautiful it was. It will need cleaning, but it survived. And it amazes me, despite my heathen ways and lifestyle, that I have a lot of great friends who are men of the cloth.
52D81557-C2EF-4127-A111-C52F375D09EA.jpeg

Digger

Reaction score
That’s a nice looking building Sindre, where is it?

Today here 24C and a lovely morning so far. Some rain is predicted later though.

Darkness

Reaction score
Like this. Slightly above freezing now, so it's starting to melt a little. Our rehearsal room is on the top floor of this building, the old railway station.

View attachment 16282
Do you get long daylight periods coming up? When I visit my brother in law its usually in Spring time and they have daylight 24/7 but its still pretty cold.

Here its been raining for 2 days. I won't complain, we can use some rain. Feel bad for the doggies though. My boy doesn't like getting wet.

Sindre

Reaction score
Do you get long daylight periods coming up? When I visit my brother in law its usually in Spring time and they have daylight 24/7 but its still pretty cold.

Oh yes. Here in Southern Norway, there's no midnight sun, but in May, June and July it still never gets completely dark. And it's a lot warmer here. In good years, summer starts in mid May.

Darkness

Reaction score
Oh yes. Here in Southern Norway, there's no midnight sun, but in May, June and July it still never gets completely dark. And it's a lot warmer here. In good years, summer starts in mid May.
That sounds nice. I'm planning to visit Tromso in May. I need to save up a lot of money first. The one downside to me is that the US dollar is so low compared to your currency. Everything there seems to cost roughly 3x as much. Luckily I have a free place to stay when I go.

Sindre

Reaction score
That sounds nice. I'm planning to visit Tromso in May. I need to save up a lot of money first. The one downside to me is that the US dollar is so low compared to your currency. Everything there seems to cost roughly 3x as much. Luckily I have a free place to stay when I go.

Yes, Norway is expensive, and especially Northern Norway. But the krone has actually been quite weak for a few years now, today you get nine kroner and change for an American dollar. It used to be more like five or six kroner for a dollar.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
10:30 AM and is 45F w/46% RH under cloudy skies with some intermittent rain. It's also quite windy with gusts up to 15-20 mph. We should see warmer temps later when the sun breaks through again.

Darkness

Reaction score
Yes, Norway is expensive, and especially Northern Norway. But the krone has actually been quite weak for a few years now, today you get nine kroner and change for an American dollar. It used to be more like five or six kroner for a dollar.
This is what confused me on my first visit. I think it was higher than 9 to 1 at the time, around 2014. I saw that on the exchange rate and related it to visiting Mexico and getting 12 pesos per dollar, so I thought this was a good thing. My two brothers in law who were also visiting for the first time were both happy to see the exchange rate.

Then, we had a layover in Oslo. We had time and spotted a small bar with a beautiful window view, so we sat down and asked for 3 pints of beer. We chatted a bit with the bartender and when she set our beers down she looked at me and said the price. I quickly did the math in my head, $19 dollars. I said I'm sorry, we are paying separately. She corrected me, yes, thats for each beer.

Every sip, my mind said thats a dollar. :cheers:

I soon got over doing the math and tried to just enjoy. I did fall in love with a bacon cheese burger at a pub. Math said it cost me $32 but worth every penny.

Look, thats practically a Les Paul Special we're having for lunch! :rofl:
Screenshot_20211215-132101_Photos.jpg

Latest posts