Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eS.G.

Reaction score
08 here....yes these are AMAZING guitars. for the price or ANY price!!!!!!!!!!!!

gpasq

Reaction score
Here are mine. New to the group, btw, so hello!

I bought the Sheraton online because my local GC didn't have one for me. In the meantime I brought home the Dot, intending to return it. But instead, I sold a strat to pay for 'em, so I'm keeping both! Despite the wisdom of the intertubes, I see no reason to change pickups. I'll put locking Grover tuners on, and I'm thinking about a Bigsby for the Dot.

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

JimiRules

Reaction score
Here are the three Epiphones that I've owned over the years. I've always been primarily a Strat player, but I've always liked the look of SG's. I bought an Epiphone G400 back in 2008 and it quickly became my main gigging guitar. A few years later I found a deal on a Gibson SG Standard that I couldn't pass up, so I bought it and sold the G400. Shortly after the Les Paul gas kicked in and I bought an Epi Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro to backup my SG. After a few years I came to the conclusion that I like playing SG's more than Les Pauls so I sold the Paul and bought a Pelham Blue Epi G400 1966 Limited Edition. I really loved the looks of the Les Paul. It was a beautiful guitar and solid as a rock, but I guess I'm just an SG/Strat guy.
SG-1.jpg

BSiFgMGCEAEZY6c.jpeg

SGs.jpg

WavMixer

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you very much.... / end Elvis Presley impression

eS.G.

Reaction score
GORGEOUS Grant!!! Burla is soo good looking......just drooooool everytime I see her!. ;)

Reaction score
My 1989 Epiphone Les Pauls. I have since given the sunburst Standard to my girlfriend's son. Yes, I changed the truss rod covers. That three screw GIBSON truss rod cover makes the guitar look cheap. I have owned a number of various Gibson Les Pauls over the years and these three play as well and sound as good as any of them. Amazingly, all four of them have the serial number sticker intact. It's rare to see the sticker at all much less on all four guitars. These are the only four 1989 models I have ever seen and I bought each of them... for less altogether than I paid for my last used Gibson Les Paul. I have a recent Epi Les Paul Jr. that I keep tuned to open E for slide work (it's actually a pretty nice little guitar) but I was never a fan of the newer headstock. I actually like this tapered open book headstock more than the traditional Gibson headstock.

epi1989lp.jpg

epilespauls.jpg

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I love my new Classic T, what a great feeling/playing guitar. I took off the pick guard, replaced the stock pickups with the SD JB/Jazz zebra combo, and this guitar sounds fantastic.

lpclassicbedroom.jpg

lespaulclassic_sdzebras2.jpg

Latest posts