Show your Epiphones

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Reaction score
Just made it onto a truck before the big storms started in Houston last week. "She's bonified"
full

Raiyn

Reaction score
She's lovely.
I'll add my usual comment, take off the pick guard and release the red. Use it as a coaster or surf board fin or something. :)
Or sell it to someone who's € has fallen off. Rule of Acquisition #166. Never give away for free what can be sold. Also, #201. The justification for profit is profit

DHart

Reaction score
Oh I am so digging the 2019 Epi Les Paul ES Pro. Slam dunk awesome instrument! Epiphone SO nailed it with this guitar.

48796899377_086d975e31_k.jpg

48796899767_984ed93d02_k.jpg

Nicest Epi I've owned or played... and, nicer than the Gibson ES Les Paul that I played! And, $553 BRAND NEW? Jeez. Incroyable! The guitar plays, feels, and sounds like 3x that price.

My favorite tones from this guitar - both pickups in coil-split/single-coil mode - glorious clean, clear, detailed, sparkly bright tones.

I like this one so much that I bought a used 2017 Wine Red version, as well. Crazy, I know. Guess I'm on the verge of obsession with these semi-hollow Les Pauls! :dunno:

I've been a dyed-in-the-wool Gibson & Fender player for decades. Just a few years ago I would never even consider buying a non-USA made guitar.

Well folks, I HAVE awakened! And now, I'm not sure I would even prefer a Gibson ES Les Paul over this Epi.

Shock of SHOCKS! WOO-HOO. :dude:

Last edited:

DHart

Reaction score
I have one more Epiphone to share... Epi SO nailed the concept and quality with their ES Les Pauls!

They have allowed the supply chain of these to DRY UP! Probably means that the next batch (due MID-DECEMBER 2019) may have the new headstock, perhaps a new color or two, and probably a bump in price.

I'm very eager to see what the mid-December 2019 Epi Les Paul ES models are all about!

This one is a 2017 ES-Les Paul - Wine Red. Made back-in-the-day when they easily sourced dark, rich rosewood for their fretboards. Those days are G-O-N-E.

48806808246_4d3636177f_o.jpg

[
48806949157_cdf4867677_o.jpg

This one came with a like-new Epiphone hard case and... a noisy (when-pulled-up for single-coil) Neck Volume pot. I requested a "break" due to the noisy volume pot and total price was $400, including case. Money very well spent, in my view. :dude: Not a scratch, scuff, nor ding on this beauty.
48806946792_a7a9e7316b_o.jpg

Since I have TWO of these wonders, this one will be a project guitar - I'm planning on a set of TV Jones "Gretsch-style" pickups in it - either TV Jones Classics, Gretsch HS Filter'trons, or... ???

Working on the new wiring harness as I write this!

Last edited:

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Oh I am so digging the 2019 Epi Les Paul ES Pro. Slam dunk awesome instrument! Epiphone SO nailed it with this guitar.

48796899377_086d975e31_k.jpg

48796899767_984ed93d02_k.jpg

Nicest Epi I've owned or played... and, nicer than the Gibson ES Les Paul that I played! And, $553 BRAND NEW? Jeez. Incroyable! The guitar plays, feels, and sounds like 3x that price.

My favorite tones from this guitar - both pickups in coil-split/single-coil mode - glorious clean, clear, detailed, sparkly bright tones.

I like this one so much that I bought a used 2017 Wine Red version, as well. Crazy, I know. Guess I'm on the verge of obsession with these semi-hollow Les Pauls! :dunno:

I've been a dyed-in-the-wool Gibson & Fender player for decades. Just a few years ago I would never even consider buying a non-USA made guitar.

Well folks, I HAVE awakened! And now, I'm not sure I would even prefer a Gibson ES Les Paul over this Epi.

Shock of SHOCKS! WOO-HOO. :dude:

Hmm, that's definitely interesting, and certainly looks nice. I've never owned an ES, or a hollow-body for that matter, but that's definitely intriguing. I like the look.

DHart

Reaction score
As I await a set of TV Jones T-Armond pickups for this ES Les Paul, I installed the new wiring harness that I made and (temporarily) plugged in a set of Kent Armstrong humbuckers with black covers - just for kicks and giggles - to allow me to test out the new wiring harness and play it while I wait for TV Jones.

I so enjoy playing this gorgeous guitar - great tones and playability. Steal of a deal for me at $400 including hard case. Now I'll install a set of pickups and premium wiring harness that cost more than I paid for the guitar - which is fine by me - this body is worthy of an outstanding set of pickups and premium electronics.

For me, right now, these are the coolest and most under-rated guitars that Epiphone produces. My interest in getting a Gibson ES Les Paul has completely evaporated. The Epiphone version is that good!
48840192527_c8b5227789_o.jpg

Last edited:

Keefoman

Reaction score
As I await a set of TV Jones T-Armond pickups for this ES Les Paul, I installed the new wiring harness that I made and (temporarily) plugged in a set of Kent Armstrong humbuckers with black covers - just for kicks and giggles - to allow me to test out the new wiring harness and play it while I wait for TV Jones.

I so enjoy playing this gorgeous guitar - great tones and playability. Steal of a deal for me at $400 including hard case. Now I'll install a set of pickups and premium wiring harness that cost more than I paid for the guitar - which is fine by me - this body is worthy of an outstanding set of pickups and premium electronics.

For me, right now, these are the coolest and most under-rated guitars that Epiphone produces. My interest in getting a Gibson ES Les Paul has completely evaporated. The Epiphone version is that good!
48840192527_c8b5227789_o.jpg
A very nice looking guitar! Is there a special reason for the bridge pu to be reversed?

Latest posts